Born at the wrong time.

2 years left on the mortgage...will they pay that?

That was my plan-retire when it's paid off. On the bright side I would have that money to spare - unless Uncle David decides that mortgages should last a few years longer to claw back the interest?

2 years left on the mortgage...will they pay that?

That was my plan-retire when it's paid off. On the bright side I would have that money to spare - unless Uncle David decides that mortgages should last a few years longer to claw back the interest?

This lot could skin a rat.:roll:

Any male born in and around the 1890s would have probably been sent to fight in the First World War, those who got back were lucky, keep things in perspective ...... life ain't fair ..... but things can always be worse ....... so cheer up ;)

I agree, but the whole issue for me is not how long people have to work but the fact that some physical jobs are going to be nigh on impossible to do when people are older.

It'll be great when 68 year old nurse has a heart attack when she's rushing to a cardiac arrest and dragging a bloody great resus trolley with her.

Fine for a 68 year old teacher trying to look after a class of 5 year olds.

How about a 68 year old roofer tottering along the tiles or a 68 year old copper running after an 18 year old shoplifter?

All while 18-40 year olds are consigned to the dole queue waiting for one of the workers to drop dead on the job.

Archived