Honour based violence on the up in the UK.

Mafya obviously doesn't understand the nature of the term Honour Killing and how it is generally racially based and by just saying many white people murder too makes it alright is ridiculous...

It's a term reserved for muslim killers who feel their honour has been disrespected but when a non muslim feels his honour has been disrespected it is just classed as a killing.:rolleyes:

So the title of honour killings is reserved for the ones committed by muslims/indians etc..

No, just the reasoning behind the motivation!

EDIT:

Same for this post too!

It's a term reserved for muslim killers who feel their honour has been disrespected but when a non muslim feels his honour has been disrespected it is just classed as a killing.:rolleyes:

This is a stupid line of reasoning and deflection tactic. I've campaigned for years around this issue and have written a thesis about it, so know all about it. Control of and violence against women is universal and transcend all cultures. 'Honour killings' are quite different.

What about white people who kill a women for dishonoring them in some way, so honour killing is only something done by muslims?

What about white people who kill a women for dishonoring them in some way, so honour killing is only something done by muslims?

Eh? I highlighted how differently these murders are executed. The term honour killing (a real misnomer if ever there were one) is defined as:

An honor killing or honour killing[1] is the homicide of a member of a family or social group by other members, due to the belief of the perpetrators that the victim has brought dishonor upon the family or community. Honor killings are directed mostly against women and girls, but have been extended to men.

The perceived dishonor is normally the result of one of the following behaviors, or the suspicion of such behaviors: dressing in a manner unacceptable to the family or community, wanting to terminate or prevent an arranged marriage or desiring to marry by own choice, especially if to a member of a social group deemed inappropriate, engaging in heterosexual acts outside marriage and engaging in homosexual acts.

Wiki

The murders you cite are what were once termed 'crimes of passion'. A crazed, controlling, violent often psychopathic male who murders his partner or ex, usually when she is trying to leave him or if there is a real or imagined threat of her doing so or if she is suspected of being unfaithful.

'Honour killings' are not only perpetrated by Muslims but one thing that they do almost always have in common is religion.

Why don't you start a thread about domestic violence and men who murder their partners if it's of such interest to you? I have plenty to say about this issue, as well as a fair amount of expertise. Trying to muddy the waters by constantly referring to it in the context of 'honour killings' will not wash.

In Islam i've always heard that it's ok for Muslim men to marry non-muslim women as long as the woman converts to Islam, whereas it not acceptable for a Muslim woman to marry a non Muslim man.

When I think about it, is there a difference, e.g. if the man becomes a Muslim.

Can anyone clarify this please?

I watched a channel4 News report a couple of years ago in which they said that there were over 100 unsolved cases of 'honour killings' and that Police were struggling to keep up with the amount of violence in the Islamic community.

They also said that some crimes go unreported because the whole family is in on it and the victim is not reported as missing.

The only way I see this going is the Muslim-dominated areas in Britain slowly becoming like villages in Pakistan where this stuff is routine and the Police can't do anything about it.

I suspect that in 50 years time we'll even see Muslims either fighting or campaigning for autonomy in these Muslim-dominated areas of Britain.

In Islam i've always heard that it's ok for Muslim men to marry non-muslim women as long as the woman converts to Islam, whereas it not acceptable for a Muslim woman to marry a non Muslim man.

When I think about it, is there a difference, e.g. if the man becomes a Muslim.

Can anyone clarify this please?

I've also read this but I think that it would depend on how strictly the people involved, adhere to Islam. I have two Pakistani friends (1st generation British) who are both married to non-Mulsim men who had to convert.

Archived