Honour based violence on the up in the UK.

Mafya will be along shortly to protest that abusive men who kill their ex/spouses are guilty of 'honour killings'.

I think your language is a bit heavy handed. Vile section of society? Misguided, brainwashed and bigoted perhaps, but vile? Their actions are vile but are they vile?

Does acting vile make one vile? Does saying something racist, make you racist? Same thing..

The racist and supporter of ill treatment of women Mafya won't be along any time soon because he's avoiding the question in 177...

Does acting vile make one vile? Does saying something racist, make you racist? Same thing..

The racist and supporter of ill treatment of women Mafya won't be along any time soon because he's avoiding the question in 177...

I think some of the people who get caught up in executing 'honour' killings probably feel that they have little choice. It's a bit like the concentration camp Nazi and the 'I was acting on orders' phenomenon. That is absolutely no justification as far as I'm concerned and it's abhorrent.

Interesting that you should ask Mafya that, I would be interested in his response. I've had relationships with a Hindu, a seikh, a Muslim, Irish Catholic, C0fE, none of whom were really practising or devout, thankfully, as I don't do religion. Anyhow, the Irish Catholic's family hated me as I was English and middle class (they were working class), the CofE chap's father hated me as he was racist and I'm mixed race and the others hid their relationship with me from their families, as they knew that they would strongly disapprove that they were seeing someone outside of their religion/culture.

I don't know. I suspect that it's a combination of people not reporting cases, which they know to happen, when GPs, health visitors and midwives see the results of FGM, when schools suspect that a girl has been FGM'd, there's a conspiracy of silence surrounding this issue for fear of offending cultural sensibilities. And perhaps the CPS is unwilling to pursue the handful that is reported?

I think you're correct, but wouldn't anyone working within the healthcare service be duty-bound to report cases of FGM, given its legal status? I'd also speculate that families of girls who have suffered FGM may be less willing to send their daughter/sister/niece to a healthcare professional when needed, again perhaps due to the legality of the procedure.

I think some of the people who get caught up in executing 'honour' killings probably feel that they have little choice. It's a bit like the concentration camp Nazi and the 'I was acting on orders' phenomenon. That is absolutely no justification as far as I'm concerned and it's abhorrent.

Interesting that you should ask Mafya that, I would be interested in his response. I've had relationships with a Hindu, a seikh, a Muslim, Irish Catholic, C0fE, none of whom were really practising or devout, thankfully, as I don't do religion. Anyhow, the Irish Catholic's family hated me as I was English and middle class (they were working class), the CofE chap's father hated me as he was racist and I'm mixed race and the others hid their relationship with me from their families, as they knew that they would strongly disapprove that they were seeing someone outside of their religion/culture.

Its interesting that you're mixed race. I've heard some of the true racists on here call you a racist. They must feel pretty stupid now.

However, this is SF and if one speaks out against things that are wrong but these observations are directed at specific communities it leaves one open to false claims of racism...But we have to learn to live with it.

I know what's right and what's wrong and as the saying goes, "sticks and stones...":D

Its interesting that you're mixed race. I've heard some of the true racists on here call you a racist. They must feel pretty stupid now.

However, this is SF and if one speaks out against things that are wrong but these observations are directed at specific communities it leaves one open to false claims of racism...But we have to learn to live with it.

I know what's right and what's wrong and as the saying goes, "sticks and stones...":D

The intellectual athiest Hungarian Jewish parents of an ex loved me though! :hihi:

It's facile and a well known deflection tactic to accuse someone of racism if they challenge some of the practices of any of the 'brown' religions.

The intellectual athiest Hungarian Jewish parents of an ex loved me though! :hihi:

It's facile and a well known deflection tactic to accuse someone of racism if they challenge some of the practices of any of the 'brown' religions.

I've recently had a relationship with a Muslim girl. She kept it a secret from her family.

I'm more open minded. Its the person that counts not the religion, colour or culture. If only more people could be as open minded as me...The world would be a happier place...:D

I've recently had a relationship with a Muslim girl. She kept it a secret from her family.

I'm more open minded. Its the person that counts not the religion, colour or culture. If only more people could be as open minded as me...The world would be a happier place...:D

Are you sure it's anything to do with your religion?:hihi:

Archived