Honour based violence on the up in the UK.

Have you seen anyone defending honour killings? Not very likely is it?

earlier posts wer saying that the left would defending this, i was saying I dont think they will.

It sounds daft but maybe this increase is a good thing. Women are no longer scared to report this, the figure will likely get worse before they get better, but at least it is getting reported rather than not.

earlier posts wer saying that the left would defending this, i was saying I dont think they will.

It sounds daft but maybe this increase is a good thing. Women are no longer scared to report this, the figure will likely get worse before they get better, but at least it is getting reported rather than not.

Women are indeed still terrified of reporting such crimes, I think one of the biggest differences is that awareness outside the affected communities has been raised and these crimes are being reported more by the media more than previously.

It's not so much a case of defending these heinous cultural traditions, no one who is remotely sane could defend the indefensible. It is more a case of a refusal to engage in a proper robust debate and publicly condemn these acts, for fear of being labelled a racist and/or being tarred with the BNP and EDL brushes. It is such a pathetic and obvious deflection tactic. Is there a BNP/EDL equivalent of Godwin?:rolleyes:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Ok then, if it makes you feel better.

For the earthlings who post on here tho, im not nor ever have been a member or supporter of either the bnp or the edl ;)

The fact that they're racist organisations and you're a racist is just a coincidence then?

Archived