Linden Avenue Woodseats

Mr teeth!

you may be interested to know that the right hand house is all one house. We bought it earlier this year. It was split (badly!) into two but I've put it right.

it needs a lot of updating so it's a job for life!

both houses were built in 1921 by a Sheffield engineer called Albert Davidson. The frontage was originally part of preen manor in much wenlock in Shropshire, building by Norman Shaw in 1850.

hence the two houses being called preen and wenlock

if you want to 'see inside' send me an email and I'll direct you to some pictures I took just after buying it.

oh and it's nice and toasty warm now as I had a huge commercial boiler fitted!

Pete

pmchoc: that's the one I used to live in! - and yes now I remember it was Shropshire the frontage originated from. I'd love to see inside too so can I PM you with my email address please?

I shared the front double bedroom with my roomie, next to that little odd-shaped room (which I could tell you some tales about!). We had some great parties there!

pmchoc: that's the one I used to live in! - and yes now I remember it was Shropshire the frontage originated from. I'd love to see inside too so can I PM you with my email address please?

I shared the front double bedroom with my roomie, next to that little odd-shaped room (which I could tell you some tales about!). We had some great parties there!

Did you share with a lass called Samantha by any chance as we ended up at a do there in 1975?Apparently there were ghosts in the locality.

Did you share with a lass called Samantha by any chance as we ended up at a do there in 1975?Apparently there were ghosts in the locality.

I don't remember there being a Samantha but I did live there in '75 - moved out in Spring of '76. When I lived there the only females were me and my roomie and a lass called Alison who had the downstairs room with her boyfriend (they were both law students IIRC).

Was it a good party / do? We had some belters ...

I don't remember there being a Samantha but I did live there in '75 - moved out in Spring of '76. When I lived there the only females were me and my roomie and a lass called Alison who had the downstairs room with her boyfriend (they were both law students IIRC).

Was it a good party / do? We had some belters ...

This Samantha was a nurse at Nether Edge(she claims),and we met her in the Broadfield after her shift.Got the bus to Woodseats,must have been 79,and ended up in Chantrey for last orders and back to the flat.Apparently it was fancy dress,and I was able to improvise using a caretakers overalls found in the shed at the rear.Woke up next day and the place was a real mess,but got a breakfast together and early bus back to Deepcar.

Archived