Whatever happened to millions??

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that in the past few years everything seems to be measured in Billions especially by the government..

When you take into account that a Billion is a thousand times bigger than a million how come the massive jump even inflation hasn't gone that far.

When you take into account that a Billion is a thousand times bigger than a million .....

It depends upon who's billion you are talking about!

Which reminds me:

George Bush was informed during the Iraq war that three Brazilian soldiers had been killed. "Oh my God!" he said "That's terrible. Remind me again - just how many is a Brazilian?"

American billions are a lot less than ours...so it kinda does depend on who's billions we're talking about!

No, an American billion and British billion are the same. What you can get for a billion dollars may be less than what your billion pounds gets you but they're the exact same number. A billion is simply a 1 followed by 9 0's. 1000000000.

Based upon a gooooogle search we have, apparently, adopted the American billion.

This is a travesty and un-British.

Before we had one million millions in our billion, now it has been substantially reduced to a mere one thousand millions in a billion.

Bah Humbug......

Based upon a gooooogle search we have, apparently, adopted the American billion.

This is a travesty and un-British.

Before we had one million millions in our billion, now it has been substantially reduced to a mere one thousand millions in a billion.

Bah Humbug......

It used to be different, it isn't now.

It's one we had to change because our method was crap and didn't help us on a global scale.

Archived