Why we need immigrants.

I have just been watching

video. Granted the debate is about American education but it certainly rings true over here.

If we are to succeed as a country we need to utilise the education systems of other countries where education is seen as a way out of poverty.

The Chinese and Indian education system is pumping out more hard working academics than we can imagine.

If we are to succeed in the global economy we need to bring these academics over here and give them investment. Their brains and our money and experience is a powerful force.

We shouldn't let them go home and create their own silicon valleys.

I don't think anybody objects to professionally-qualified high calibre individuals coming over to fill needed industrial posts.

That's not a very high proportion of the hundreds of thousands that come here every year though, is it?

We should spend money on giving proper education and proper apprenticeships to our own people, but this lot will not do that. They are making education accessible to only the chosen few again. Lots of our own children are being held back in schools local to me because the foreign children cannot speak English in class. It creates massive problems. Children are changing schools because of it.

We should spend money on giving proper education and proper apprenticeships to our own people, but this lot will not do that. They are making education accessible to only the chosen few again.

It's too expensive to educate our own. We need to encourage the educated from other countries where education is cheaper yet carries a higher value.

I don't think anybody objects to professionally-qualified high calibre individuals coming over to fill needed industrial posts.

That's not a very high proportion of the hundreds of thousands that come here every year though, is it?

Yes but because of our attitudes to those people we're making immigration look ugly.

It's too expensive to educate our own. We need to encourage the educated from other countries where education is cheaper yet carries a higher value.

I disagree. A good education is an investment for the future of our country, so it cannot be too expensive. It is cheaper than producing dole fodder and keeping them.

I disagree. A good education is an investment for the future of our country, so it cannot be too expensive. It is cheaper than producing dole fodder and keeping them.

The current civil unrest would suggest otherwise. Teenagers protesting that they can't afford education and teachers protesting because they don't want cuts on their income. Education in this country is too expensive.

The current civil unrest would suggest otherwise. Teenagers protesting that they can't afford education and teachers protesting because they don't want cuts on their income. Education in this country is too expensive.

Oh, ok then. Think what you will.

We should spend money on giving proper education and proper apprenticeships to our own people, but this lot will not do that. They are making education accessible to only the chosen few again. Lots of our own children are being held back in schools local to me because the foreign children cannot speak English in class. It creates massive problems. Children are changing schools because of it.

Just how many children do you have(lots of our children are being held back quote)?

We don't 'need' immigration, but it's favoured at the minute.

We have a lot of pensioners, and many more due to retire, somebody needs to be working to pay their pensions. And with a TFR of 1.7 amongst the natives... let's just say they (prospective pensioners of the boomer generation) didn't have enough children of their own!

But not only pensioners need immigration, businesses need cheap labour for CEOs to have high wages, and landowners (thieves) need there to be a productive economy if they are to be able to sit idle and extract economic rent.

Archived