Why we need immigrants.

In the context used it pertains to nationality. "Ours" being born and bred English.

You madam are somewhat parochial in your outlook,and have excluded our Celtic cousins-you would fail any nationality test at this rate.I hope your Maths is better than your general knowledge!:hihi:

You madam are somewhat parochial in your outlook,and have excluded our Celtic cousins-you would fail any nationality test at this rate.I hope your Maths is better than your general knowledge!:hihi:

My outlook is the same as the outlook of many millions in England, whether you like it or not. We look after the celts far too much. They get free what we cannot afford and we pay for it.

I have just been watching
video. Granted the debate is about American education but it certainly rings true over here.

If we are to succeed as a country we need to utilise the education systems of other countries where education is seen as a way out of poverty.

The Chinese and Indian education system is pumping out more hard working academics than we can imagine.

If we are to succeed in the global economy we need to bring these academics over here and give them investment. Their brains and our money and experience is a powerful force.

We shouldn't let them go home and create their own silicon valleys.

This is doing what Britain does best and exploiting other nations, it’s time we educated the young British people and left the educated people of other nations to build a better nation for themselves.

Don’t bring the people to the work take the work to the people.

I don't think anybody objects to professionally-qualified high calibre individuals coming over to fill needed industrial posts.

That's not a very high proportion of the hundreds of thousands that come here every year though, is it?

What do you know? So why do employer's take on foreigners rather than British people?

The current civil unrest would suggest otherwise. Teenagers protesting that they can't afford education and teachers protesting because they don't want cuts on their income. Education in this country is too expensive.

The obvious solution would be to endeavour to make education more affordable to those already here instead of just creating more unemployment by using a outside source.

The obvious solution would be to endeavour to make education more affordable to those already here instead of just creating more unemployment by using a outside source.

Agreed in principle but not everyone has the academic potential to study at university.

Archived