Good Bands in Sheffield

Danix

Erm, I can't think of hardly ANY bands in Sheff that sound like FF, the Kaisers or The Killers. Wanna name names?

Oh, and while I'm here - you can see three of Sheffield's more underground bands (Screaming Mimi, Repomen and Pisco Sour Hour) this Monday (Jan 30th) at the Harley at the top of West Street for nothing!

im not here to name names and **** people off for my musical tastes, but boring boring indie strumming with dull vocals wishing they could find a time machine to go back 10 years and move to manchester. there seems to be quite a few with muse tendencies as well.

Heres a few good ones off the top of my head...

supersonic winds of neptune - most entertaining

lee mchmahon - class vocals and lyrics

jim muir slideshow - unique acoustic stuff

Oh, and while I'm here - you can see three of Sheffield's more underground bands (Screaming Mimi, Repomen and Pisco Sour Hour) this Monday (Jan 30th) at the Harley at the top of West Street for nothing!

pisco sour hour sound interesting...strange drums? is he on bongos lol... i like 'cosy hell;

anyone heard of dog canute?

theyre playing on the 3rd feb at the grapes, seen em before and if you like fugazi, shellac, or beefheart, get your asses down there cos they are **** hot.

i love them.

i agree. just to clarify tho, that's Friday 10th Feb. :D

support from we and MACHINES.

Doors 8PM, £4

:thumbsup:

yeah man, lookin forward to that 10th feb gig, the 3rd feb one (minus the chunkiness of graine) should be pretty good too :thumbsup:

:confused:

apologies dude, thought you might have got your dates mixed up! ;)

didn't realise they were playing the week before too...

any idea who else is playing?

Regards,

I'm really liking Little Man Tate and Bromheads Jacket at the moment. I think they're both playing at the Sandman Christmas thing at some point in December, along with Stoney and a couple of others. Could be good.

i listened to a little man tate sample the other day - very impressed, i wanna get to see them the next time they're in sheff (i know they're at the boardwalk soon but they've sold out).

Archived