Good Bands in Sheffield

Danix

if you picked up exposed magazine this month its got a feature on how good music in sheffield is at the moment (with the recent rise of the arctics) and basically gives a list of bands to watch out for.

Harrisons

Trap2

The Long Blondes

Bromheads Jacket

Milburn

Daybreak

Stoney

LittleManTate

The Dodgems

Ninio

Silvejet

The Miramir Disaster

Rumpus

Little Glitches

and of course... Cellarhigh :D

Obviously by no means a definitive list but as far as I know all those bands deserve to be up there and probably make a good place to start if you're looking for good local stuff. Obviously will depend on your genre tastes though.

Hope that helps

Originally posted by cellarhigh

if you picked up exposed magazine this month its got a feature on how good music in sheffield is at the moment (with the recent rise of the arctics) and basically gives a list of bands to watch out for.

Harrisons

Trap2

The Long Blondes

Bromheads Jacket

Milburn

Daybreak

Stoney

LittleManTate

The Dodgems

Ninio

Silvejet

The Miramir Disaster

Rumpus

Little Glitches

and of course... Cellarhigh :D

Obviously by no means a definitive list but as far as I know all those bands deserve to be up there and probably make a good place to start if you're looking for good local stuff. Obviously will depend on your genre tastes though.

Hope that helps

I'm really liking Little Man Tate and Bromheads Jacket at the moment. I think they're both playing at the Sandman Christmas thing at some point in December, along with Stoney and a couple of others. Could be good.

I'm sorry, but I think the best band in Sheffield at the moment are KIK.

I saw them play in Birmingham a few months ago, I've seen hundreds of bands live and these guys are the best I've ever seen! I like to be entertained, also I like to hear good musicianship and most of all great songs and KIK have the lot.

I met them a few weeks ago and they are the nicest guys your ever likely to meet, which is a bonus.

I think they're that good that I've said I'll big them up, hence..............

Have a look at their website, you can download a few demos, the finished versions ( which are stunning!!) will be on their first album next year.

www.kikonline.com

www.myspace.com/kikuk

I've got to say that this is the first time I've heard of KIK and they are actually very good. I'm very impressed from their website. very professionally done. They sound very fresh and the quality is spot on.

I'll be keeping an eye on this lot.

Archived