Good Bands in Sheffield

Danix

anyone ever heard of "the darwin theory" has anyone ever met them???

ur opinions please?

yes. quite good, have got a reasonable following as far as i can tell. was meant to support them for a gig in barnsley but sadly dates clashed with prior engagements :(

I think theres too many bands trying to be like franz ferdinand, kasier chiefs, the killers.....that kinda style... its gettin over run in the charts just like all that indie tosh we got flooded with when oasis broke.

Erm, I can't think of hardly ANY bands in Sheff that sound like FF, the Kaisers or The Killers. Wanna name names?

Oh, and while I'm here - you can see three of Sheffield's more underground bands (Screaming Mimi, Repomen and Pisco Sour Hour) this Monday (Jan 30th) at the Harley at the top of West Street for nothing!

i can vouch for HughieD thats a good indie gig, psh are dark and weird, repomen are brassy and joyous and screaming mimi... well go see :D

alternatively there's another great free gig that night where you can come watch cellarhigh play their first gig back in sheffield since supporting the BigStrides in December, we've been recording since and our EP release is set for February. We're opening for Axis Dynide (rock) and Avangaad (indie) and here's our website and details of the gig:

http://www.cellarhigh.com

Monday 30/01/06 @ The Howard (free entry) 8:00pm

Avangaad, Axis Dynide and Cellarhigh

Archived