Eating what may be considered strange things.

I Have lived in and visited some other countries. Many countries eat, as a matter of course, things that are not eaten very often, if at all, in this country.

I have eaten and like horse, goat frog, squirrel,snails, snake dog, monkey, cat, rat and a large version of a hamster.

I have eaten but disliked eating, dogs and bulls gonads, not at the same time thank heaven, sheep's eyes raw and alive octopus.

Is this something that we are not allowed to discus on here? I don't like tripe or chitterlings but do like most other offal. My parents would purchase half a dead pig and we would process it, all of it including the brain.

What things would you eat/not eat and why?

What eating habits do you like/not like?

Are there eating habits that should be taboo and never spoken about on here?

Ooo I had forgotten tongue I like it. Why do you not eat the things that you list?

In Japan I ate giant prawns that had been cooked in front of me, as they were alive when they went on the hotplate they jumped about a bit which was somewhat off-putting.

I am such a fussy eater and not at all daring in trying new things -- my other half has been to Japan and in one restaurant they went they didnt know what they were ordering - they just pointed at things on the menu (all in Japenese)

He also had Cows intestine stew and had raw chicken (apparantly there is one part that is safe to eat raw)

Archived