Does having 3 points on your licence affect your car insurance costs?

I cannot understand why anyone sticks with the same insurance company,your premiums will rise anyhow,keep changing them and you are classed as a new customer and get a discount.

I shop around and check insurance prices every year and Swift Cover have been consistently cheaper than everyone else for the last 7 years.

How did you get done doing 79 on the motorway? Was it in roadworks with a 50 limit? Seems a bit harsh.

Yes, it does seem strange, I've seen police routinely ignore people doing 80.

The new guidelines are 10% plus 2, making the lowest speed that you can be fined at in a 70 mph limit79mph , which is what he was doing. He has the option of a course at up to 10% plus 9. That is 86mph.

MOST police forces, though not all, have adopted these rules.

The new guidelines are 10% plus 2, making the lowest speed that you can be fined at in a 70 mph limit79mph , which is what he was doing. He has the option of a course at up to 10% plus 9. That is 86mph.

MOST police forces, though not all, have adopted these rules.

What utter rubbish. I for one would love you to try to back up such a fatuous claim.

Just google ACPO speeding guidelines 2011 . Even you should be able to find that.

Having just sat through a speed awareness course where all 27 people in the room had tickets for driving between 33 and 35 mph in a 30 zone I don't need google to tell me the rules. 30 plus 10% plus 2mph means every one of us was below your stated minimum prosecution speed. Even you should be able to work that one out.

On the course we were told that we were the lucky ones, because above 35mph we would have been fined without the option of paying £85 to go on a course. Beyond that had any of us been clocked passing a school at the speed we were doing the option of the course wouldn't apply either.

Having just sat through a speed awareness course where all 27 people in the room had tickets for driving between 33 and 35 mph in a 30 zone I don't need google to tell me the rules. 30 plus 10% plus 2mph means every one of us was below your stated minimum prosecution speed. Even you should be able to work that one out.

On the course we were told that we were the lucky ones, because above 35mph we would have been fined without the option of paying £85 to go on a course. Beyond that had any of us been clocked passing a school at the speed we were doing the option of the course wouldn't apply either.

As previously stated most police forces, though not all, have adopted the rules that I have outlined. Under the guidelines 35mph would be the minimum that you would be fined at in a 30 mph limit. In a 30 mph limit the maximum speed that you could be offered a course at is 42mph.

NB......30 +10% +2 is the minimum speed that you are fined at, not 36mph!

As previously stated most police forces, though not all, have adopted the rules that I have outlined. Under the guidelines 35mph would be the minimum that you would be fined at in a 32 mph limit. In a 30 mph limit the maximum speed that you could be offered a course at is 42mph.

NB......30 +10% +2 is the minimum speed that you are fined at, not 36mph!

I don't think I've ever seen a 32mph limit. Perhaps you need a reality check. Regarding the 42mph in a 30 limit and being offered a course, you are in Dream Land.

There are an awful lot of people on speed awareness courses at speeds way below the ficticious numbers you are quoting.

I don't think I've ever seen a 32mph limit. Perhaps you need a reality check. Regarding the 42mph in a 30 limit and being offered a course, you are in Dream Land.

You will note that I have corrected that to 30mph.....but thank you for pointing it out!;)

Archived