Neighbour from hell, what's legal?

I have had loads of problems from next door. The police say wait and one day they will cross the line and then they will arrest them. So far he has exposed himself, Ive had water thrown over me and yesterday she tried to force my door open It took all my strength to get it closed and locked. I called the police. I was told they cant do anything because they cant prove intent. (well she wasn't coming in for tea).

I Just cant believe that someone can try to force there way into your home and get away with it. Does anyone know if this is right I am sure If I tried it I would be arrested.

I have had loads of problems from next door. The police say wait and one day they will cross the line and then they will arrest them. So far he has exposed himself, Ive had water thrown over me and yesterday she tried to force my door open It took all my strength to get it closed and locked. I called the police. I was told they cant do anything because they cant prove intent. (well she wasn't coming in for tea).

I Just cant believe that someone can try to force there way into your home and get away with it. Does anyone know if this is right I am sure If I tried it I would be arrested.

Both crimes as far as I know.

It’s hard to believe the police did nothing about him exposing himself unless he was in his house and you were looking in.:D

Both crimes as far as I know.

It’s hard to believe the police did nothing about him exposing himself unless he was in his house and you were looking in.:D

no he was outside i had complained because they had just flooded my garden

We had neighbours from hell.We were new tenants and it took us 6 months to get them out.Other people on the street had had enough to.

Parties,beer cans thrown all over the garden day and night(even when no party),loud music,doors banging,urinating in my garden and on the street outside (a man in his 20's and old enough to know better),big groups of teens hanging outside the house all day and night smoking weed,even had a moonie pulled on me in my own garden.I had to call 999 twice due to physical fighting between themselves and their guests.It was a single mum in her 30's with two out of control teenage girls and a lad of 12 who she let used to drink cans of lager and smoke.She was no better than her kids and we rowed constantly.

I feel for you,it is very stressful.I went knocking on the surrounding neighbours doors and we all complained to our local council.The neighbour from hell knew I was doing this and warned me to back off,but I am a stubborn sod!!Keep a diary of what time and what is going on,tell your neighbours to do the same.Also if you have a video camera,record what you can.I got the moonie and one of them urinating in the street.Plus parties.It is a pain and you really shouldn't have to do it,but the authorities will listen if you have evidence.

Good luck and be prepared for a long battle,but the longer it goes on,the more evidence you will have.

Ring 101 and keep record of all events. Is it a council house because they are breaching conditions of tenancy if it is. I'd also seek legal advice, consultation fees are often free

We had neighbours from hell.We were new tenants and it took us 6 months to get them out.Other people on the street had had enough to.

Parties,beer cans thrown all over the garden day and night(even when no party),loud music,doors banging,urinating in my garden and on the street outside (a man in his 20's and old enough to know better),big groups of teens hanging outside the house all day and night smoking weed,even had a moonie pulled on me in my own garden.I had to call 999 twice due to physical fighting between themselves and their guests.It was a single mum in her 30's with two out of control teenage girls and a lad of 12 who she let used to drink cans of lager and smoke.She was no better than her kids and we rowed constantly.

I feel for you,it is very stressful.I went knocking on the surrounding neighbours doors and we all complained to our local council.The neighbour from hell knew I was doing this and warned me to back off,but I am a stubborn sod!!Keep a diary of what time and what is going on,tell your neighbours to do the same.Also if you have a video camera,record what you can.I got the moonie and one of them urinating in the street.Plus parties.It is a pain and you really shouldn't have to do it,but the authorities will listen if you have evidence.

Good luck and be prepared for a long battle,but the longer it goes on,the more evidence you will have.

I cant believe Dore has got that rowdy-goes to show what happens when chavs win Lottery,and buy into a decent respectable suburb.The Lottery has dangerous effects and should be terminated.

The police are pretty useless for the most part.

I could tell you a similar story that would make you think twice about even ringing the police.

But i wont.

The Police will do nothing until something serious happens. Then they'll have a big investigation which will result in 'lessons being learned'. A complete waste of time.

Your best bet is to get onto your MP & the anti-social department of the council. And make plans to move house, I'm afraid.

Archived