Spooner family of Crookes

ldm30

Some confusion has arisen George Spooner was the brother of Joe Spooner. Joe Spooner was the father of Tim. I married the the daughter of George Spooner

I believe Tim to have been in his early 30.s when he died. .I cannot however be exact. Tim would have been the last of the Crookes Spooners, unless anyone knows differently.

Perhaps some one else has a date.

If any one has any further data concerning this local family I would be pleased to hear

ldm30

Hello Idm30

Thought it strange when you mentioned you married the lovely Julia, not mentioning the other as sisters.

Yes dad maybe was Joe, only met him 1 or twice.

Maybe Vulcan B2 has the answers tucked away

Gary Marshman North Wales

Hello Idm30

The memory kicks in a little the more you think about the history.

Tim started ONC Metallurgy course in say 1961 . Am sure he may have just finished his two year National Service, probably would have been part of the last contingent for draft. He usually wore jacket with badge and tie to match , I want to say Air Force but not sure, Tim was always a reserved sort of fellow, maybe a little shy looking back .

I never went to his house , but he did come to my parents in Sandygate Road.

Maybe other snippets may come to mind soon

Gary Marshman North Wales

Archived