Where are you Christmas shopping this year, and why?

Where are you Christmas shopping 2011?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you Christmas shopping 2011?

• Sheffield centre
    • Meadowhall
    • Sheffield local shops (please state in post)
    • Rotherham
    • Doncaster
    • Other South Yorkshire (please state in post)
    • Manchester
    • Birmingham
    • London
    • Other (please state in post)

Actually, I quite fancy a retail free Christmas
A few members of the family are getting (tasteful, quite 'current trend') knitwear of one sort or another, knitted by the Mrs (rather expertly, to my surprise :o). A couple will be getting paintings (by yours truly).

More for the 'personal touch'-thing than for money reasons, and something we try to do every year, if time allows.

vwkittie, you can't be cancelling Christmas. It's not about presents, at the end of the day. It's about making time for family/relations/friends. I lost my brother in law this year, no present in the world would ever make up for him not being here this Christmas, or those to come.

The city centre is a very depressing place, it used to be a lovely, vibrant place to shop where you could get just about anything. Anyway that is out now.

For the first time ever I have done the bulk of my shopping on-line with just odd bits and pieces from Meadowhall and Leeds when we have been there.

For food shopping I will be doing it locally but in a supermarket not a small independent as there isn't one around that does that.

vwkittie, you can't be cancelling Christmas. It's not about presents, at the end of the day. It's about making time for family/relations/friends. I lost my brother in law this year, no present in the world would ever make up for him not being here this Christmas, or those to come.

I hardly have any of either and they've already decided they're doing other things, so yea it's cancelled.

Archived