The Humbug Thread. I'm Sick Of Christmas And New Years Already.

It's not toys in shops that winds me up, it is christmas eve and new year's eve going into the local spar convenience store to find that the shelves have been stripped bare by panic buying. The place is going to close at 6pm instead of staying open 24 hours for one evening and some locals think that armageddon is on the way.

I'll bet that many of those extra loafs of bread finish up getting slung because they were not needed.

And I join you in that one too.

Overall there is a ridiculous amount of fuss, cost, guilt and debt which goes on a single day in the year, with more or less the whole of autumn building up to a day which is more often than not a bit of a let down.

Overall there is a ridiculous amount of fuss, cost, guilt and debt which goes on a single day in the year, with more or less the whole of autumn building up to a day which is more often than not a bit of a let down.

that is so true.

For me Christmas is much more than just the one day. It's a whole week in which to relax, indulge (overindulge), be with loved ones and just spend quality time together.

I'm not big on presents. I have enough money to buy what I want but if someone is thoughtful with their gift then it makes me smile and feel all warm.

We're off to Godzilla's for Christmas Eve and Christmas day this year but I'm really looking forward to spending time with my OH, cuddled up on the settee in the afternoon, watching something seasonal and having a nice rum and ginger or snowball. I'll also be trying out some nice recipes from my Hugh F-W Veggie cookbook.

That's providing we aren't flooded and full or lurgy like last year! :hihi:

Bang on. One day of the year, and people go mad. Why?

Bang on. One day of the year, and people go mad. Why?

You are now on Santa's Naughty List Rampent. When you hear the thunder of reindeer hooves and the Ho! Ho! Ho! echoing out in the stillness of the night Santa will pass right over your house at warp speed.

Cant stand the tv ads for Iceland. They are always dancing, smiling, eating and partying !! Then she sings " Driving Home For Christmas". Most women are tied to the kitchen all Christmas cooking, and washing up.!!! :rant:

and she is wearing a short sleevless sparkly dress with a gorgeous suntan.....and she is supposedly outside in the freezing snow and ice

for god sake do they think we are all thick :rant:

You are now on Santa's Naughty List Rampent. When you hear the thunder of reindeer hooves and the Ho! Ho! Ho! echoing out in the stillness of the night Santa will pass right over your house at warp speed.

I hope he does Harley! I don't want him telling the council why my doors are hanging of the hinges! And the general mess. I might get kicked out for Crimbo, and end up sleeping in the Lada. :(

I know, many feel the same. Sky have a 24 hour channel running Christmas films since the start of Nov. Talk about starting early! The whole advert industry have gone mad. Watch ITV, the freeview channels are worse.

It's constant, 'Happy Christmas' and I have no money, it driving me gonadic.

Opines?

See my bold. Stop giving your hard earned to Murdoch then, simples.

Angel.

Archived