Cheapest place to buy a kindle?

For anyone buying second-hand, remember that the generation of Kindle (with a keyboard) just prior to the newly-released Kindle models had two versions: one with WiFi and one with 3G. As such, not all of the older 'Keyboard Kindles' have 3G.

You can connect the Kindle to your computer using the microUSB cable, and then treat it like any other storage device: drag and drop the files you've downloaded to your computer onto the Kindle using Windows Explorer.

Alternatively, use an ebook management tool like Calibre (linked to above).

How you download might depend on the site you're downloading from; here, for example, you can just click on the appropriate link, or right-click and choose 'save link as' (in Firefox; I can't recall if the menu options are different in IE etc).

thanks for that hecate, don't understand a word of it if I'm honest, but my daughter will

I think Im getting a Kindle for xmas but I have a kindle reader on my lappy and have a library of about 12,000 books stored on the computer,from what Iv seen of the other readers ,Kobi etc they do the job but are not supported like the Kindle is with the power of Amazon behind it,I have compared a few readers and would plump for Kindle every time.

Archived