How will you be spending Hannukah?

it's based on the Hebrew calendar, which is one of the more incomprehensible of the world's calendars. There seems to be several. I certainly don't pretend to understand it.

but what's funny about this thread is that Hannukah doesn't even start for nearly two weeks, on the 20th of December, in 2011. LAST YEAR, it started on December 9.

sometimes you get these restaurants hilariously making the same mistake. Once I saw a Thai place in the Philippines that ran a special 'Loi Kratong night', a November-December south east Asian Thai-Khmer festival. The organisers just looked up when the day was on the internet the previous year and ran it for that weekend, even though it was three weeks early. They even said they had a Thai chef doing the cooking. He must have been laughing his head of at the dozy gits.

If you read my OP you will see I clearly state Sooo Soon the holy time of Channukah will be upon us around the 20th of the month, How will you be celebrating this season.

Archived