How will you be spending Hannukah?

I didn't talk about the winter solstice celebrations in general.

But that's just what "christmas" is, a celebration of the solstice (and one of my long lost friends' birthday). Nothing religious about it.

• 3 weeks later...
Happy Channukah forumers.

Yeah, Happy Channukah :)

What happens during Channukah? I'm sure others apart from myself would like to know as Judaism has never gone out of its way to publicise itself and remains a bit of a mystery to us gentiles.

Yeah, Happy Channukah :)

What happens during Channukah? I'm sure others apart from myself would like to know as Judaism has never gone out of its way to publicise itself and remains a bit of a mystery to us gentiles.

The best way to describe it is 8 days of prayer family togetherness and great food and presents kind of like our christmas, This Hannukah isn't too good for us due to a passing of a family member two weeks ago.

We light one candle a day on the menora, we recite prayers and then get too eat lovely food usually fried tonight we had latkes which are fried potato cakes.

Archived