Had to go on benefits

Just become a plastic liberal and spend the rest of your life in higher education and on full benefits like certain sheffforumers!

You are right some of these thirtyish suedo intellectuals seem to be on the forum all day .They must have good jobs or work at the Town Hall.

Being self employed doesn't mean that you get to be your own boss.

Doesn't work like that. Where as once you only had one boss, now every single one of your customers is your boss.

Absolutly right. Not something often advertised.

There are jobs that you can do with a phone and pc. Web designer, entertainment agent - all sorts of agency work really. You will need knowledge and/or high blagging skills.

You are right some of these thirtyish suedo intellectuals seem to be on the forum all day .They must have good jobs or work at the Town Hall.

If you're going to call someone a pseudo-intellectual then at least spell it right or someone might question your own intelligence.

On me way to the job centre in a bit so fingers crossed.

I should be ok finding a job, im not bothered what i do so long as it brings in a wage and im willing to travel so im pretty confident ill find something. :):)

Nip up here and earn yourself a fiver ;)

A little update.

My plan is in place and looking like it should come good but just in case it amounts to nothing ive had a few job interviews.

Had one yesterday and been asked to go back for another on the 4th.

Ive also got an interview lined up for today and hopefully one for the 28th too if nothing comes of this one.

I may not have got a job yet but im sure something is on the horizon.

To anyone else looking for work, keep looking, keep trying, dont loose faith and

Good luck :thumbsup:

If you have worked regularly, and paid your NI contributions, then UB is yours by right, dont feel any guilt about claiming it.

What you will find, as a good and hard worker, is that you are pushed and forced to find work straightaway.

The bone idle skivers, and 'mature' students they leave alone.

Employers want workers, not layabouts.

The layabouts on here are easily identified by their post counts, allegedly.

Good luck finding something. Seems like you have a positive attitude, so I imagine you won't be out of work for long.

Self employment is a lovely idea but quite difficult in practice. Not impossible though. If you're good at baking (wish I was), why not take a cake stall to local fairs, carboot sales, and so on? That sort of thing can be surprisingly lucrative. You could also supply local health food stores etc., there is a demand for home made food.

Archived