Halifax Bank Accounts

I was expecting some money to go into my account today but it has not gone in yet, do all banks have a cut off at midnight when money goes in or can the money go in at any time of the day. On another note, I am wanting some instant money to pay for some things so am wondering what the best sort of loans are available from Halifax as I would ideally prefer to get it from a bank than go to a loan shark.

I was expecting some money to go into my account today but it has not gone in yet, do all banks have a cut off at midnight when money goes in or can the money go in at any time of the day, cheers.

It can go in at different times

If it's a short loan you are after there are plenty of "pay day loans" available from the likes of QuickQuid and Wonga. But beware of the interest rate - usually in the high thousands of percent. A bank may only be interested in longer-term loans.

. On another note, I am wanting some instant money to pay for some things so am wondering what the best sort of loans are available from Halifax as I would ideally prefer to get it from a bank than go to a loan shark.

You need to ring the bank to check that but they do have short term loans, minimum £1000

I was expecting some money to go into my account today but it has not gone in yet, do all banks have a cut off at midnight when money goes in or can the money go in at any time of the day.

By what means was it to arrive, however? BACS normally arrives within three days; but the new Faster Payment Scheme allows same-day crediting if the recipient Bank subscribes to the scheme.

My Halifax current account allows me to go up to £5000 in the red should I need it. I dont use the facility but if I wanted to borrow,say £500-£1000 for a few months, I dont think the interest rate is prohibitive but I would read the small print before I went overdrawn. You could ring them or call in to discuss it. They might be in a generous, festive mood.

Archived