Ooops!! I don't think the insurance companies are going to be too happy

He didn't invent it. He is not claiming that it was there.

So what is he trying to prove then?

I particularly liked this report.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8936362/Drivers-of-supercars-in-Japan-crash-were-speeding.html

Drivers of supercars in Japan crash 'were speeding'

Japanese police are blaming the destruction of eight Ferraris and a Lamborghini in a £2.6 million, 14-car crash on Sunday on excessive speed.

By Julian Ryall in Tokyo

4:42PM GMT 05 Dec 2011

A witness told Japanese television that he saw the parade of supercars travelling at speeds of up to 100mph, which was double the speed limit on the Chugoku Expressway, in southern Japan, due to heavy rain that had made the surface slick.

“A group of cars was doing 140kph (87mph) to 160kph,” the unnamed man told TBS News. “One of them span and they all ended up in this huge mess.”

Another motorist described how he narrowly avoided becoming caught in what is likely to be the most expensive car crash outside of a car racing track.

“The front car crashed into the left embankment and bounced off towards me,” he said.

You might also like this which is the statement from the guy who hit the barriers

“I was driving at a faster speed than the legal limit. I had attempted to change lanes while driving in the passing lane, but the rear wheels of my car skidded, prompting my car to hit the guardrail”, said the 60 year old Ferrari driver.

Only that people in this thread jumped to conclusions without having the evidence available to them.

The evidence of eye witnesses and the police investigators and the admision from the driver who caused it you mean?

“I was driving at a faster speed than the legal limit. I had attempted to change lanes while driving in the passing lane, but the rear wheels of my car skidded, prompting my car to hit the guardrail”, said the 60 year old Ferrari driver.

A witness told Japanese television that he saw the parade of supercars travelling at speeds of up to 100mph, which was double the speed limit on the Chugoku Expressway, in southern Japan, due to heavy rain that had made the surface slick.

Japanese police are blaming the destruction of eight Ferraris and a Lamborghini in a £2.6 million, 14-car crash on Sunday on excessive speed.

The evidence of eye witnesses and the police investigators and the admision from the driver who caused it you mean?.

When this thread was first opened and people started giving their own opinions as to the cause, none of that evidence was yet available - as Cyclone has been trying for some days to point out.

That we now have evidence available, does not mean that those opinions were justified at the time they were made.

So remove 1 lane from my explanation. The skid didn't need to be invented, that would be the diesel that may or may not have been there. The skid caused by the diesel would explain the bouncing off the central reservation and back into the car he'd been about to pass.

So when do you think someone will spot this deisel spill then? Its been a couple of weeks since the crash. Surely if no one has spotted it yet or the drivers involved put it forward as an excuse then it's rather too late isn't it.

I know that I'm only a woman, but I think that someone would have spotted it by now.

When this thread was first opened and people started giving their own opinions as to the cause, none of that evidence was yet available - as Cyclone has been trying for some days to point out.

That we now have evidence available, does not mean that those opinions were justified at the time they were made.

Oh I see Mr Cyclone has an appologist. If you bothered to read the thread your mate Cyclone only invented his deisel theory a couple of days ago AFTER all the evidence hadbeen reported.

Oh I see Mr Cyclone has an appologist. If you bothered to read the thread your mate Cyclone only invented his deisel theory a couple of days ago AFTER all the evidence hadbeen reported.

Whereas you claimed to know what the cause was, several days beforehand.

As Cyclone pointed out earlier and I'm still pointing out now ... you were wrong. You did not know the cause. Whether or not your guess has turned out to be right does not make it anything more than a guess!

Whereas you claimed to know what the cause was, several days beforehand.

As Cyclone pointed out earlier and I'm still pointing out now ... you were wrong. You did not know the cause. Whether or not your guess has turned out to be right does not make it anything more than a guess!

Reasonable assumptions based on the facts of the accident would be a better explanation than she guessed.

Archived