Unemployed council tenants could lose their home

Inevitably they all get tared with the same brush, and Wandsworth Council in-particularly are bent ruthless fookers who just despise poor people, regardless of how hard working they may or may not be.

Do you really have to swear?

where else in the rest of the world can you refuse to work and still get free housing?

This is what the lefties can't grasp.

To them, it's all about getting what you can out of anyone you can intimidate into giving you and inch you they can steal a mile.

They have no clue about the concept of working for a living.

The houses belong to the council, they have every right to get rid of the lazy so people with a wish to work can have homes.

Pull your plonker out conrod, earn the dollar, make your own rules.
I earn a few grotes, but whether I'm living in a suburb or my own tropical island, I can't make my own rules if they break the laws, not unless I'm willing to risk the law being applied against me.

You somehow take every discussion back to housing costs. It does become tiresome.

What does a £10 increase in wages matter if your rent goes up £10.

What does a £10 decrease in your taxes matter if your rent goes up £10.

You quote Chruchill. He said what I am saying.

Listen!

It is quite true that land monopoly is not the only monopoly which exists, but it is by far the greatest of monopolies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15716304

First of all the rioters now just anyone who is out of work is also to be criminalized and made homeless, I know personally that this has been on the cards for a while now and other councils are desperately hoping Wandsworth Council goes ahead as it gives the green light for other councils to follow suite and 'solve' the housing crisis.

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole is there. When you actually look at what has been said it's much less dramatic.

Tenants who fail over the course of that fixed term to take steps to find work or improve their employment prospects would face the prospect of losing their homes.

So what happens if people lose their council home?

The council are still obliged to house those people somewhere. It costs more to house people in temporary accommodation than have them in council properties so whats the advantage in doing that?

Presumably they would be considered to be intentionally homeless, so there is no obligation to house them.

How about some figures also as to how many people claiming JSA are refusing to work as the rules on claiming JSA are simple and clear, if you cant be bothered to look for work then you get chucked off.

That might be true, if they were so easily identified then they'd have their benefits cut anyway as not looking for work means you don't qualify for a lot of benefits anyway (with exceptions like the disabled and carers).

So if people fail to do as required, ie improve their prospects or get a job, are we happy for them to be made homeless?

If so what about their kids? Is it their fault they have lazy parents..

Before a Tory screams yes...

It'll cost more for social services to care for the kids than the scheme will save..It'll probably cost more to deal with all the unwanted pets than the scheme will save...

And what are the legal implications of dealing with the peoples belongings. That'll probably cost more than the scheme saves..

Who thinks these things up? Are they stupid or what?

Can I be the first to mention the name "Hitler" on this thread because its only a matter of time before someone else does...:)

Stealing off his sister eh?

The more you hear of him. tch.

Courtesy of Kirsty Wark, on HIGNFY:thumbsup:

Archived