How much sleep do you get?

For last 5 or so years have developed bad sleep pattern.

Fall asleep,wake up usually no more than 2 hours later,this is repeated but next time i wake up time spent asleep is less.

Average 8 hours in bed,maybe 4 hours sleep,the rest of time spent thinking/dreaming while half awake.

I'm 46 fit and would like to be able to sleep like old days when i could sleep easily 8 hours non-stop.

Have been trying to get more sunshine through the day-time,which has helped a lot but need more help.

Fall asleep,wake up usually no more than 2 hours later,this is repeated but next time i wake up time spent asleep is less.

Average 8 hours in bed,maybe 4 hours sleep,the rest of time spent thinking/dreaming while half awake.

I'm 46 fit and would like to be able to sleep like old days when i could sleep easily 8 hours non-stop.

Have been trying to get more sunshine through the day-time,which has helped a lot but need more help.

I've just done 38 hours without sleep but then slept for 12 hours non stop.

I think I probably average around 5 1/2 per night.

One thing you could try is putting headphones or an earpiece beneath your pillow and playing music very quietly. If I have a lot on my mind it is a good distraction and I sleep like a baby.

I'm almost as bad as you, I reckon I get about 6 hours sleep per night. I wake up 3 or 4 times then generally up at 6 and can't get back to sleep. never used to be like this. Once every couple of weeks I might manage to get back to sleep till about 7.30-8.

Even when I'm absolutely knackered and go to bed early (about 9.30 - 10) to try and catch up on my sleep I'll wake back up about 11.30 then the cycle starts again.

Yeah something like that for the last 30 years

i usually fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow but then get woken up 2 or 3 times a night by a cat wanting some attention - it never takes me long to get back to sleep though -so on average I probably have about 6 hours a night - and i then wake up about 10 minutes before my alarm goes off - it doesn't seem to matter what time the alarm is set for I still wake up a few minutes before it goes off

Im the same as the OP, probably asleep around half the time Im actually in bed. Fall asleep fine, just cant stay asleep!

I often wake up really suddenly, as if Ive heard a loud noise or something, then lay there with the sound of my heard beating in my head (if that makes sense!!)

Strangest thing is I quite often wake up at 4:51am. No idea why :(

Archived