How much sleep do you get?

Even on pain meds and sleeping pills, pain always wakes me .. Then I have to take more meds and wait for them to take effect before even trying to sleep, so most days I try and catch up on sleep aswell as night .. So, no set pattern.

Even on pain meds and sleeping pills, pain always wakes me .. Then I have to take more meds and wait for them to take effect before even trying to sleep, so most days I try and catch up on sleep aswell as night .. So, no set pattern.
i know that feeling all too well! even high on morphine i rarely drift off to sleep & if i do then im still up every half hour to go for a p

Thanks for replies,will buy a small radio and see if this can help.

Ever since i've owned a computer,found sleep harder to come by,maybe the light on screen is tricking my brain into thinking it's daytime.

Have been reading eating lettuce aids in sleeping,so going to give that a go too.

I'm always late to bed and up very early. I plug myself into the iPod and listen to a play or an audiobook when I'm trying to drop off; the trick is to choose one that you're not so familiar with that your mind starts to wander and, of course, don't have a new one such that you're gripped by the plot. Without the iPod, I'd have difficulty switching off.

I'm almost as bad as you, I reckon I get about 6 hours sleep per night. I wake up 3 or 4 times then generally up at 6 and can't get back to sleep. never used to be like this. Once every couple of weeks I might manage to get back to sleep till about 7.30-8.

Even when I'm absolutely knackered and go to bed early (about 9.30 - 10) to try and catch up on my sleep I'll wake back up about 11.30 then the cycle starts again.

Me too! I find that I wake up to go to the loo, and then can't get back to sleep for thinking, about nothing in particular, just stupid things. I have tried not having drinks for a couple of hours before going to bed, but still have to get up in the night for a wee!

Me too! I find that I wake up to go to the loo, and then can't get back to sleep for thinking, about nothing in particular, just stupid things. I have tried not having drinks for a couple of hours before going to bed, but still have to get up in the night for a wee!
im up at least every 30mins for a p due to diabetes, a nurse told me to stop drinking fluids at least 4 hours prior to going to bed,i tried it for 3months, it made no difference at all

I recently discovered I feel so much better and awake when I have less sleep than I thought I needed. Recently I've been getting about 5.5-6 hours and I feel much better during the day and in the morning than when I was getting 7+ hours :)

Archived