How much sleep do you get?

i have same prob as the OP.

i wake for no reason then seem to cat nap the rest of the night,been to docs say could be stress so given anti depressants,

iv tried hot bath before bed,lavender oil,milky drinks,cutting back on tea/coffee,all to no avail,

a bad night sleep makes me not a nice person,lol

i would love to go to bed at 11pm and wake at 6am,that would be heaven:)

For last 5 or so years have developed bad sleep pattern.

Fall asleep,wake up usually no more than 2 hours later,this is repeated but next time i wake up time spent asleep is less.

Average 8 hours in bed,maybe 4 hours sleep,the rest of time spent thinking/dreaming while half awake.

I'm 46 fit and would like to be able to sleep like old days when i could sleep easily 8 hours non-stop.

Have been trying to get more sunshine through the day-time,which has helped a lot but need more help.

feel for you, i have a bad sleep pattern

Op what causes you to wake up? Is it too hot or cold, need toilet, thirsty, animals, partner snoring?

Do you have a warm drink before sleep and do you wind down? Is your bed comfortable? Is room too light/dark/warm/cold etc, have you tried nytol or anything else?

I used to have hardly any sleep after my child was born and kept waking up for no apparent reason, but I made some changes and now I sleep amazingly.

I like to also put a cushion or pillow between my knees or if I'm lying on my back, one under my thighs, it's extra comfy.

Op what causes you to wake up? Is it too hot or cold, need toilet, thirsty, animals, partner snoring?

Do you have a warm drink before sleep and do you wind down? Is your bed comfortable? Is room too light/dark/warm/cold etc, have you tried nytol or anything else?

I used to have hardly any sleep after my child was born and kept waking up for no apparent reason, but I made some changes and now I sleep amazingly.

I like to also put a cushion or pillow between my knees or if I'm lying on my back, one under my thighs, it's extra comfy.

strange that, i like something between my knees, i always have a fan on & window open even in winter so i dont get too hot or claustrophobic, im still up every half hour for a p & a mouthful of water wether im asleep or not

strange that, i like something between my knees, i always have a fan on & window open even in winter so i dont get too hot or claustrophobic, im still up every half hour for a p & a mouthful of water wether im asleep or not

I don't know if it will help you mh01, because you said your diabetes is what causes you to get up for a wee so often, but I used to get up a couple times every night for a wee. I tried holding it during the day for as long as possible, until I felt like bursting; after a couple weeks this worked and for the past couple years I haven't needed to get up in the night.

i can imagine:gag:

:hihi:

I am not a morning person - I have to set my alarm for 6.30 so it gives me 30 mins to come round - i dont speak (which my ex found quite amusing sometimes :mad:) - then i get up for 7.

If i overlay then my god I am like the devil - my ex can vouch for that :hihi:

I don't know if it will help you mh01, because you said your diabetes is what causes you to get up for a wee so often, but I used to get up a couple times every night for a wee. I tried holding it during the day for as long as possible, until I felt like bursting; after a couple weeks this worked and for the past couple years I haven't needed to get up in the night.
iv tried all that, i still try it now & again but it gets to the point where it gives me severe lower abdominal pain, so i have to go on cue most of the time so as i dont get pain, thanks for the suggestion though :thumbsup:

Archived