Cameron ups Budget for Olympic ceremonies

You do know that the bid was awarded in 2005, back when Tony Blair was still PM.

If you have any objections to our signing up for it, I would suggest contacting those responsible:

The Labour Party

Labour Central, Kings Manor

Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 6PA

LINK

But I guess all that's changed since Labour lost the election?

Idiot, if you're going to troll by giving stupid replies, at least attempt to do it right.

I'm sorry to be pessimistic, but I think the games are going to be a bit of a damp squib. Money is short all over Europe, so how many are going to be able to afford to come here?

I think the majority of people in Britain will be annoyed at seeing all the money being spent on them, while other more important things are being neglected. It really is a smack in the face for them.

I was under the impression that virtually all the tickets had been sold so unless folks are buying tickets as souvenirs I imagine they are coming.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/8922402/London-2012-Olympics-1.5m-football-tickets-go-on-sale.html

I was under the impression that virtually all the tickets had been sold so unless folks are buying tickets as souvenirs I imagine they are coming.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/8922402/London-2012-Olympics-1.5m-football-tickets-go-on-sale.html

i think we might find that this is a seriously over egged PR press release and come the games itself a lot of stadiums will be very sparsely populated, the whole thing smacks of the Uk doing a sub standard attempt and will be nowhere near anything seen in China no matter how much cash is thrown at it, whats the betting it goes way way over budget and still is a failure...........oh a bit like sheffield student games:o

i think we might find that this is a seriously over egged PR press release and come the games itself a lot of stadiums will be very sparsely populated, the whole thing smacks of the Uk doing a sub standard attempt and will be nowhere near anything seen in China no matter how much cash is thrown at it, whats the betting it goes way way over budget and still is a failure...........oh a bit like sheffield student games:o

I'm not sure how you measure success, tickets sold? If that's the case I think there are few, if any, tickets left. One thing is for sure though, you can bet your life that VAT Man and The Boy Blunder (Cameron and Clegg - In case you were wondering) won't waste the opportunity to get their smarmy mugs on TV and try taking the credit for the hard work of other people.

Archived