What do you think of a radio controlled car doing 100 mph?

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/super-radio-controlled-car-2011-12-05

Upon looking at this I have a mixed view because a radio controlled car that can go 100mph is in my opinion epic :hihi:

But from a practical point of view where would you use it? i mean its not something you can blast about in a car park if you want to max it out.

Also a 0-62 time of 2.3 seconds is brilliant but by the time you hit 62 the car would be a fair distance away and theres a high risk that you could hit something and write a £700 bit of equipment off.

Final conclusion would be its brilliant and i would love it but in my opinion it would need a mounted camera so you can see where your going when you thrashing it about somewhere.

"......

It must only be driven at its top speed on a closed course such as a racetrack or drag strip where there are safety barricades and pedestrian access controls.

......."

http://traxxas.com/node/78319

To access the 100+mph they say you need a i-phone/i-pad App which is not yet available.

But there's still gonna be some clown that takes it to the local Asda car park or whatever. lets face it, at 27 inches long, it's a pretty hefty lump of metal!

Exactly im right with you here

Lets be honest using a track is a good idea and most likely alot more safe but who realistically has the time to go to a track just for a blast about on a track..

27 inches long is alot of metal but if you hit a wall in this at over 60mph your going to smash it like an egg.

But there's still gonna be some clown that takes it to the local Asda car park or whatever. lets face it, at 27 inches long, it's a pretty hefty lump of metal!

Exactly im right with you here.....27 inches long is alot of metal but if you hit a wall in this at over 60mph your going to smash it like an egg.

Or worse, hit a person or child.

But secretly (and don't tell anyone), I wouldn't mind a go with one. Although I'm stuffed cos I don't have an iPhone or an iPad (even though there's no 'app' for it right now!...lol)

Exactly and the main cause of concern is if a lump of metal hits you at 100mph its going to hurt really badly.

But yes id love to close the straight mile and max it down there

Or worse, hit a person or child.

But secretly (and don't tell anyone), I wouldn't mind a go with one. Although I'm stuffed cos I don't have an iPhone or an iPad (even though there's no 'app' for it right now!...lol)

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/super-radio-controlled-car-2011-12-05

Upon looking at this I have a mixed view because a radio controlled car that can go 100mph is in my opinion epic :hihi:

But from a practical point of view where would you use it? i mean its not something you can blast about in a car park if you want to max it out.

Also a 0-62 time of 2.3 seconds is brilliant but by the time you hit 62 the car would be a fair distance away and theres a high risk that you could hit something and write a £700 bit of equipment off.

Final conclusion would be its brilliant and i would love it but in my opinion it would need a mounted camera so you can see where your going when you thrashing it about somewhere.

I think its great!!!.

If you are thinking where would use it at 100mph how the hell do these guys control this plane at 400mph.....

It sounds great going past though.

I think its great!!!.

If you are thinking where would use it at 100mph how the hell do these guys control this plane at 400mph.....

It sounds great going past though.

I have no idea how he controls it. But have to say, the electricity pylons look a bit too close for comfort!...lol

Archived