The Tape Worm Diet. You have got to be kidding me.

Well, why not? Tapeworms are such highly evolved parasites that they don't actually harm the host, other than nicking the nutrients in the host's gut. I believe they can lead to deficiency in some nutrients and vitamins so you'd have to balance your diet to make up for it, but it's easy to kill the worm with an anti-heminthic or a dose of wormwood, so I don't see a big issue with it.

Even putting the medical risks to one side, this would be enough to put me off:

"After being ingested, the tapeworm makes its way through the digestive system, attaching itself and feeding as it goes. Eventually, it will make its way out of the body with bowel movements. This is a very unpleasant experience both physically and psychologically. People have been known to take drugs designed to reduce the lifespan of the tapeworm so that it is already dead when it is removed from the body.":gag::gag:

hi a few years ago i got thread worms ugg. decided to keep them for a while thought I might loose weight. It did not work so I took meds to get rid of them. I found it hard to get rid of them visited the GP, took lots of showers and eventually they went. would never try to keep them again.

hi a few years ago i got thread worms ugg. decided to keep them for a while thought I might loose weight. It did not work so I took meds to get rid of them. I found it hard to get rid of them visited the GP, took lots of showers and eventually they went. would never try to keep them again.

Thread worms, which live in the anus, are different to tape worms and won't help you lose weight.

I'm sure doing a little excercise each week has to be more plesant than doing this. Having a little tapeworm inside you? yuk :gag:

I think if you can't commit to moving around a little more each week then what is the point in getting all upset about the fact you are overweight?

You may as well say "well I can't be bothered to take positive action, so now for the rest of my life, I will accept that this is the way I will be", stuff your face with buns and be happy.

Oh dear what has the world come too?

I would bet somewhere they are spending millions on finding a way of farming the secretion the worms make thus cutting the amount of calories stored. That money could be spent on cancer patients and who need medicine

ew!

I saw a documentary on this subject once, the eggs are found in undercooked meat all over the world... the man swallowed one voluntarily for research purposes - when they eventually gave him the drugs to kill it it had to be pulled out by hand.. it almost covered his whole garden! not sure of the exact measurements but it was well over 13 foot long!!!

horrific if you ask me :confused:

Archived