Falkland Islands Tension increase

Come on Halibut, humour me here. I made a very special exception to use one myself - it was that good.

Ok, you seem like a halfway decent human being - and your emotional blackmail has worked it subtle magic on my suggestible psyche...

:|

Well there you go, a simple allegorical mistake. Have a banana.

Now you've had your fun go read the thread to catch up with the grown ups.

Ouch, that was uncalled for Tony. I've read this thread from the very first post and (having served in the Falklands in the early 80's and currently working at RAF bases around the country) agree with the vast majority of what you have posted. I just needed to correct something that was factually wrong, nothing else.

There's too much oil and gas reserves on that island; oil and gas that we can't afford to fall into the hands of others.

No one has yet found any oil or gas in the Falklands. There's been traces found, but never enough to be commercially viable.

But there's loads of natural gas in Lancashire just waiting to be produced.

So why would we bother with piddling amounts of uneconomic hydrocarbons in the Falklands when there's huge amounts right here in the UK?

No one has yet found any oil or gas in the Falklands. There's been traces found, but never enough to be commercially viable.

But there's loads of natural gas in Lancashire just waiting to be produced.

So why would we bother with piddling amounts of uneconomic hydrocarbons in the Falklands when there's huge amounts right here in the UK?

What difference will it make, just as with the North Sea gas the price of gas will not come down if they do use that in Lancashire although I'd still like to know where the money will go and where did the golden age of the North sea products go.

So, has it kicked off yet?

Will the public be confused as to why the Argentinians are invading an obscure island off the Scottish coast again?

Will the Sun be running that "Kill an Argie and win a Metro" competition?

Will they be running the "GOTCHA!" headline in 160 point Impact font?

When will our brave royal Prince Horseface the Second be flying his special gold plated helicopter against Exocet armed ships?

Archived