Falkland Islands Tension increase

So they have decided we are worth reporting to the UN for making the area around the falklands a military zone,they are the ones who are upping the tension not us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-16939043

They know they have zero chance of regaining the Falklands by force and they also know the Falkland islanders WANT to be British so they are running to teacher in the hope teacher sorts out their problems for them.

Teacher wont!

Against whom?, this isn't Galtieri and a Dictatorship, Argentina has a elected Govt, democracies don't go to war with democracies anyway..

It doesn't matter who it is TBH. They say the war in 1982 wasn't popular with the Argentinian public. Well, I certainly remember watching the news and reading the newspapers at the time of the war and seeing crowds of cheering Argies partying in the streets. Could it be that the war only became unpopular in Agentina when their nation started losing the war?

It doesn't matter who it is TBH. They say the war in 1982 wasn't popular with the Argentinian public. Well, I certainly remember watching the news and reading the newspapers at the time of the war and seeing crowds of cheering Argies partying in the streets. Could it be that the war only became unpopular in Agentina when their nation started losing the war?

It could be that they were cheering and partying because they would have been shot otherwise. Military dictatorships tend to frown on people not supporting the military.

Anyone watching selective news reports from the UK might naturally assume that burning poppy wreaths is a popular autumn pastime.

Argentinians seem to be fed a heavy diet of La Malvinas but I give them more credit than that if they look beyond the government tub-thumping.

I remember reading somewhere that the only democracy ever to declare war upon another democracy was The UK against Finland during WW2. I don't know how true it is, so I am happy to be corrected.

Germany, France, the USA and the UK were all democracies in 1914 although suffrage was limited to men and in the UK to not all men. That came after 1918.

We should'nt be there. What right do we have to be there ? We stole it a hundred and fifty or so years back. And now it should be returned to Argentina. The South Pole is full of oil. We just hav'nt worked out how to extract the stuff yet. The only reason we are there is to protect the oil companies future profits. Another disgusting example of British Imperialisim. No doubt a few hundred young soldiers lives will be lost protecting these profits once again in few years time.

Archived