Falkland Islands Tension increase

They are! Have you ever tried to travel between the two. Apparently Spain doesn't allow planes who landing in Gib through Spanish airspace.

I was in Gibraltar for about 7 hours shore leave in 1962. There was no way to reach Spain even back then.

I was in Gibraltar for about 7 hours shore leave in 1962. There was no way to reach Spain even back then.

Not much has changed then I guess, isn't it funny that Spain seems to forget about their little colony on the opposite side of the Med that infuriates Morocco.

Hang on to the Falklands for god's sake otherwise Spain will be claiming Gibraltar next :D

They'd be entitled to. But its complex with the British people living there. If they don't want to be Spanish, its complicated.

The Falklands is the same. Without the residents agreement it should stay British.

They'd be entitled to. But its complex with the British people living there. If they don't want to be Spanish, its complicated.

The Falklands is the same. Without the residents agreement it should stay British.

I disagree, I think the issue is very simple.

I believe that fundamentally Argentina or the UK should not have a say in the future of the Falklands, the only people that have the right to decide is the Falkland Islanders themselves.

The same goes for Gibraltar.

Not much has changed then I guess, isn't it funny that Spain seems to forget about their little colony on the opposite side of the Med that infuriates Morocco.

In relation to the Falklands and the Argentinian president's complaint to the UN I think it's only logical and fair that the UN will refer the matter to the Falklanders themselves to vote on the issue.

This is the only fair and logical way to settle the matter. There is no other option. I dont see the issue being settled by those people being forced against their will to become Argentinians. This isn't the way things are done in this day and age.

The Gibraltese never wanted anything to do with Spain as I recall. I think many are of Indian or Genoese descent with British blood included.

Its amazing how many actors become political experts perhaps its to do with the zero difference between the two occupations.

Well to be fair Sean Penn was married to Madonna at one point, whom played Evita Peron.. so his views should be taken seriously as he has some unique insight into the whole issue! :loopy:

Its amazing how many actors become political experts perhaps its to do with the zero difference between the two occupations.

Staggering isn't it ? Has he asked anyone in the Falklands their opinion ? Probably not. If they were wanting to be part of Argentina I really wouldn't stop them. But they dont. My guess is that Sean Penn thinks they do.

Spanner.

Archived