Falkland Islands Tension increase

Im surprised Cameron is showing a backbone with this issue.
I'm not particularly fond of the guy, and I'm anything but a Eurosceptic, but to his credit Cameron has shown significant backbone with Brussels in the past year or so, when it mattered and about the issues that mattered (mostly unnoticed by the media and the public at the time, and since).

Still, this is Sheffield, and this is SF, so it's only the done thing to let political bias cloud achievments done in the national interest. Don't mind me and carry on...

Regardless of what happened in the past, aren't Argentina being a tad hyprocritical when it comes to "colonial rule". I mean, if the UK were to hand Argentina the Falklands, wouldn't that then mean Argentina are the colonial power, given the islands are populated by non Argentine people?

In which case ,is independence the solution?

I'm not particularly fond of the guy, and I'm anything but a Eurosceptic, but to his credit Cameron has shown significant backbone with Brussels in the past year or so, when it mattered and about the issues that mattered (mostly unnoticed by the media and the public at the time, and since).

Still, this is Sheffield, and this is SF, so it's only the done thing to let political bias cloud achievments done in the national interest. Don't mind me and carry on...

You are right, I'm a Labourite but credit where its due.

In which case ,is independence the solution?

No no no. Repatriation of all descendants of Spanish 'colonists' to Spain, and give the country back to the native Argentinians - the people who lived there for thousands of years before the Conquistadors etc.

I think we should insist. :hihi:

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 16:25 ----------

Domestically I despise Cameron... but on international issues he's annoyingly spot on.

Cameron's told the crazy lady to get stuffed on several occasions now, to her face last year too.

They have no right to claim the islands, if we moved out do you think they would leave Argentina for Spain where they originally came from?

They don't have the stomach for another war, especially as they pretty much have the same tired old rubbish we beat them with 30 years ago.

I doubt half of their kit even works anymore, or it's been confiscated by Ghana.

Archived