Falkland Islands Tension increase

I must have missed what we took them back with then in the early 1980's....

No the bit you missed, is that it took no effort for the Argentineans to occupy the Falklands in 1982, it will take significantly more effort now because of our increased defence capabilities, and if they could somehow muster up the resources to overcome our defences, which they can’t, then a couple of carriers wouldn’t be much help in taking them back.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 18:42 ----------

In which case ,is independence the solution?

It is independent; we are just its protectorate.

No the bit you missed, is that it took no effort for the Argentineans to occupy the Falklands in 1982, it will take significantly more effort now because of our increased defence capabilities, and if they could somehow muster up the resources to overcome our defences, which they can’t, then a couple of carriers wouldn’t be much help in taking them back.

---------- Post added 03-01-2013 at 18:42 ----------

It is independent; we are just its protectorate.

So we are paying taxes to protect a country thousands of miles away-anyone would think there were oil reserves in the vicinity.

I'll answer your question when you've answered mine, that's how serious adults work.

There are 3000 people on the islands,whose presence are threatening stability in the area.I would buyout each person with £250,000 or £750 million funded by oil revenues.One half of the island would be set aside for their exclusive use,the rest being ceded to Argentina.The land would be state owned.

Do you and your imperialist friends have any better ideas?

Will you now answer my question,please,Mister Prim?

Archived