Falkland Islands Tension increase

I think you are under the impression a mantra is either a form of sexual practice or a new car in the Ford economy range.Why keep referring to Millie Tant as I cannot find any reference to her on the net,unless she is your sweetheart.

You've lost me there, particularly as the Daily Mail never came into it in the first place.

Anyone looking at post 590 will see a resemblance to Millie Tant as I did when I laughed out loud at your preposterous accusations.

That's post 590 for anyone wondering what this difference of opinion is about.

You've lost me there, particularly as the Daily Mail never came into it in the first place.

Anyone looking at post 590 will see a resemblance to Millie Tant as I did when I laughed out loud at your preposterous accusations.

I seem to recall someone said that the 3000 shouldn't dictate the foreign policy of the UK. They are not dictating the policy, those 3,000 *are* the foreign policy of the UK, because we have promised to defend them.

They voted to be British, they took up arms to repel invaders to remain British and they refused to collaborate and work with the occupying army.

All that is left for the Foreign Secretary and PM to do is to smile sweetly, and say "no" when someone wants Her Majesty's territory overseas, and if she persists in asking you say "f*** off". Nicely of course.

Do you actually believe people are going to waste their time scrutinising the exchanges of two saddos on SF.If they do they will appear equally sad.why keepon about this Millicent Tant-is she a French relative?

Do you actually believe people are going to waste their time scrutinising the exchanges of two saddos on SF.If they do they will appear equally sad.why keepon about this Millicent Tant-is she a French relative?

Maybe, maybe not, this is a debating site and you've made some obviously heartfelt, if ridiculous points on a very serious and topical subject. This isn't a debate about Toblerones.

You know perfectly well who Millie Tant is, she's only a Google away and those who know her will see a strong resemblance to her on post 590, the most ridiculous post on this subject.

When the British left in 1774 it did not give up its soveregnty of the islands. Argentina has no claim to sovereignty - the only people besides the British who could, based on history, make a claim are the French - Argentina has never owned so much as an inch of the islands. When the Spanish signed the rights to the islands over to Argentina, they had no right to do so - they might as well have signed over Germany! Signing over land you don't own is meaningless, and has no weight in international law. The Argentinians didn't even assert their claim until 1945, a claim based on made-up, re-written history.

Also, if the right of self determination doesn't apply to the Falkland Islanders, because they are not the original inhabitants, then it also doesn't apply to the 90% of Argentinian people who are also not the original inhabitants. You can't have it both ways! Either you accept the rights of the Islanders, or you disenfranchise most of the Argentine population.

Britain has twice offered to go through the International Courts of Justice to resolve the issue of sovereignty, and both times Argentina has declined. Indeed, Argentina announced it would not respect any findings of the court. A clear indication that they know their claim is based on little more than myth.

The Falkland islands belong to Britain, they always have, and always will. If the Argies want to make something of it, we will humiliate them again.

they once belong to Argentina and they want them back, check your history:rolleyes:

Archived