Falkland Islands Tension increase

Geography is irrelevant. The decision on which country owns the Falklands does, and should, fall upon the people who live there. Their decision is to be British.

And yet just weeks before the Falklands War began, the Tories were about to take away Falklanders British Citizenship - let's face it (and as I can remember from the time I was in lodgings and Radio4 was mentioning the real reason for the war - Oil. Bit like oil was thought to be present on the Mekong Delta!)

Fair enough. But if you don't prefer either, why correct people who use the term 'carrier' and reinforce the title 'through deck cruiser'. Never mind, not wanting to drag off subject.

I didn't correct anyone, I didn't say anyone was wrong, it was you I think trying to correct me.

Its been said on a number of occasions that the islanders do not want Argentinian sovereignty.They are British with British passports.It will never be handed over.

It is a Tory Government and if the price is right they would sell the people out.

What I mean is your average Falklander won't see any benefit from having mineral or oil wealth on their doorstep. Just as we didn't with North Sea resouces.

But isn't the average Falklander just some Joe who popped over from the UK anyhow?

What I mean is your average Falklander won't see any benefit from having mineral or oil wealth on their doorstep. Just as we didn't with North Sea resouces.

I agree 100%, what happened to the golden age of prosperity that was coming to us all when North Sea Gas & Oil started to flow?

Did gas prices fall one penny? where did all the oil go?

Where did all the money go?

If I remember rightly inflation went through the roof when North sea oil and gas were in full flow and didn't we have to borrow from the world bank under Callaghan.

So where did the money go? And if I was a Falklander I wouldn't build my hopes up.

Archived