The "middle of the road drivers"

In my experience women driving 4x4's tend to have little spacial awareness when it comes to overtaking a parked vehicle, resulting in them either taking up the oncoming lane or holding up the flow of traffic, though there's room for a bus to fit through.

Under the highway code its also your responsibility to anticipate such occurences on blind bends by reducing your speed enabling you to stop should anything big be coming round.

I do slow down on a bend regardless, but to make sure I don;t get rammed by little people who think they can drive these big pick ups amd 4 x 4's. I am extra careful believe me. It does not excuse the way they drive though does it.

Yea but a 4x4 wouldnt be classed as a large vehicle IMO. this would be a vehicle over 3.5t - ie a lorry, bus etc. Not some divvy so ignornat they think they own the road becasue they have a larger vehicle. Mine can do as much damage to theirs as theirs can to mine :D

Well said mate.

Well said mate.

When I take my artic around the double bend at wortley, you can imagine that I have to use all of the road space available. The word "available" is a term that is not taken lightly by us drivers of large vehicles. It is only "available" when there is no other immediate vehicles there, and I would be going round at a snails pace. Many drivers of little cars and "big" (ha ha) 4x4,s come flying up to that corner, then brake hard when they see me, then give me a round of f***s, and shout things at me like "Why are you on the wrong side of the road" etc etc.

These people are morons, and these are the same people who do what the OP says. Phones, make-up, I-pods, argueing with the passenger.... all lead to this, but if theres one thing that these asreholes hate more than anything, its lorrys getting in their way.

Do you know how good it feels when one of the clowns collides into me???

Its happened a few times this year, and believe me, its worth climbing down from the cab just to laugh in their bigot faces. (and remind them that its THEIR insurance, whereas my policy is still safe in my car back at the depot as the truck is insured by someone else, ha ha)

Yes, I do detest bad drivers, and I feel sorry for todays drivers, and it seems that Sheffield has a very high proportion of idiots who "Cant wait" and think that their contribution to the running of their ****-mobiles gives them the right to drive just as they wish, with NO consideration for anybody else.

Im on your side, and even though im a nasty, horrible lorry driver, I cant stand seeing an ass-wipe bullying other cars on the road.

Power to the people.:rant:

TALKING ABOUT THESE DRIVERS IN THEIR MITSUBISHI TRUCKS AND OTHER DRIVERS WITH SIMILAR SIZE VEHICLES.

Please stop driving in the middle of the roads especially round bends and speaking on your phones, it's highly dangerous and you people think it's ok to do this, but when it's some one else you are soon to start Sl..ting people.

Is it because you have a big vehicle and you think that it's ok for you to do this.

I am sick of these people the amount of times I have had to swerve out of the way because they are driving in the middle of the road.

I am going to start and take registrations because don't these people understand it highly dangerous.

Drive carefully. :rant:

You don't make it clear if you a passenger or a driver. I think, though may be wrong, by the nature of your post that you are the driver. Soo my question is how are you going to start taking registrations'? With a mobile camera, note book and pen? I don't know give us a clue please.:huh:

An OLD 4x4 (SIII and earlier Land Rover) has a wider turning circle than the QE2 so may need to cut a corner or go out wide; however as with trucks (i.e. over 3.5t) these tend to be driven with people who can drive them and adapt their driving to suit the vehicle, as they are not "easy" vehicles to drive (not that hard either but compared to a modern car including 4x4s) so it doesn't tend to be an issue

There are few roads that are difficult to navigate in an L200 or similar

Mobile phone use in these is not an issue either as they are so bloody noisy it would be impossible to hold a telephone conversation :D

Archived