Driving through London

Has anyone else on this forum had the pleasure of driving through London?

For me it was one of the most awful frustrating expensive experiences I have ever encounted, the most rude arrogant impatient drivers I have ever come across.

Its dog eats dog and you must be very decisive and drive very aggresively otherwise you'll be carved up like a Muslim burning poppys on an EDL march.

London simply doesn't do forgiveness, but I personally love it!

Remember it also has its own unique traffic light code

Red - just 4 more cars

Amber - you've been going too slow so put your foot down!

Green - overtake cut up the car in front

If you drive a banger you'll have a blast! I drove an old battered Honda and everyone moves out of your way!

I see it as a challenge and if don't mind seriously knackering up your clutch its even more fun!

For me it was one of the most awful frustrating expensive experiences I have ever encounted, the most rude arrogant impatient drivers I have ever come across.

Yes hundreds of times in a truck, they are the worst drivers on the planet ignorant stuff you Jack I'm alright drivers combined with death deifying pedestrians and motorbike couriers flying everywhere and a sham road system makes it the worst place to drive anywhere, it makes me wander how they get any thing done there at all,I've found the further south you get the worse the driving gets.

Having driven in Paris, New York and Shanghai I'd say London is quite tame!

Paris is not a nice place to drive but at least the roads seem to have some sort of system to them there,the roads in London don't if you look at the map of London all the roads seem to head to the center with the M25 going around it its basically a medieval extended village, I can remember driving through London before the M25 was built that was fun.

Yes, quite a few times. You have to switch to 'London Mode', which basically involves driving like a selfish maniac, then you'll fit in nicely.

this is true.

I've been occasionally driving in london for 20 years. You get used to it and I don't think it has got any worse over that time, it is just how it has always been.

Don't forget that London is one of the most densley populated cities in the western world, it is hardly going to be like driving through stannington on a sunday night is it.

Archived