Is this true about car insurance ?

Not sure about the more you add, but putting ones mother as a named driver does seem to reduce the cost.

No, but if a young/inexperienced policy holder names older/more experienced drivers, that does usually reduce the premium.

Thanks, guys :)

It's possible that some adverts will say "the more named drivers you add the cheaper it gets" meaning that the cost per driver comes down - if, for instance, naming one driver would cost £1000 but naming two drivers would cost £1500.

I don't know if that's the case; I don't pay much attention to many adverts. :hihi:

That the more 'named' drivers you add on to your policy, the cheaper it gets ? :loopy:

I thought it would actually increase the premium ?

Yes, it worked out that way for me. I did it after somebody at work mentioned it. Was a bit sceptical, but it knocked another £40-£50 off just by having my better half on as a named driver.

whatt gets me about car insurance is your premium is based on your post code, even though most claims are via accident that happen whilst driving away from your home!!
Accident claims are, but theft and vandalism tend to happen right outside your own home.

Yes, it worked out that way for me. I did it after somebody at work mentioned it. Was a bit sceptical, but it knocked another £40-£50 off just by having my better half on as a named driver.

My husband's quote came down by £300 when he added me as a named driver.

Archived