Royal Mail. How rubbish is this?

Just over a week ago I logged on to the Royal Mail website to get a price to send a package to South America. There was a link to a page apologising that the price finder was out of action and instead gave me a download of a pdf document. After wading through about a dozen or more pages I was unable to find a price for sending a package to South America and gave up.

Today I logged on again for another attempt only to find the price finder still out of action. In despair I went to the Post Office to price the package. I actually managed to get a provisional price quoted but as their computer system was also down they couldn't confirm that the package dimensions would be acceptable for airmail and so couldn't give a definite price..

Help. Do we live in a 3rd world country?

Just over a week ago I logged on to the Royal Mail website to get a price to send a package to South America. There was a link to a page apologising that the price finder was out of action and instead gave me a download of a pdf document. After wading through about a dozen or more pages I was unable to find a price for sending a package to South America and gave up.

Today I logged on again for another attempt only to find the price finder still out of action. In despair I went to the Post Office to price the package. I actually managed to get a provisional price quoted but as their computer system was also down they couldn't confirm that the package dimensions would be acceptable for airmail and so couldn't give a definite price..

Help. Do we live in a 3rd world country?

You do what most people do who don't rely on computer for everything, go to post office and have it weighed.

You do what most people do who don't rely on computer for everything, go to post office and have it weighed.

They did...

My own method of doing what you wanted to do is to obtain the appropriate leaflets/brochures from a "decent " post office. This is something i do each year (for ebay use).

There are that many different ways of mailing parcels, it is best to obtain all three leaflets that are available.

These are called:

UK & International parcel services & prices.(Parcel force)

Pricing made easy (Royal mail)

Your guide to our prices & services (Parcel force)

I find that by working from these leaflets I am able to work out the cost/restriction in dimensions or weights etc. You will of course need to know the weight of the item.

My own method of doing what you wanted to do is to obtain the appropriate leaflets/brochures from a "decent " post office. This is something i do each year (for ebay use).

There are that many different ways of mailing parcels, it is best to obtain all three leaflets that are available.

These are called:

UK & International parcel services & prices.(Parcel force)

Pricing made easy (Royal mail)

Your guide to our prices & services (Parcel force)

I find that by working from these leaflets I am able to work out the cost/restriction in dimensions or weights etc. You will of course need to know the weight of the item.

OK

Parcel weights 7.4 kilos and is 39 cms by 39 cms by 37 cms. I'm wanting to send it to Brasil

• 4 weeks later...

Archived