Arthur Scargill makes me proud to be English!

Much better than the yellow bellied so called union leaders that we have today.

It is time that we had another leader who dares to take on the corrupt system.

It is time to get off our knees and take them on!

I bet this soon disappears!:hihi:

You really shouldnt be taking unprescribed drugs ................. you can make you delusional.:hihi:

Does the average bloke in the north still want to work in such a dirty environment where bronchitis and early death is guaranteed?

The health question is debatable,would it still exist or would the health and safety aspect have improved,I daresay it would have had to and the technology would have been put in place.

The chance to have the choice would have been nice though,Maggie put the kibosh on that.

And his luxury life style is possibly still still being funded by a smaller Miners Union fund

He certainly got some cheek if the article below is true, nine years free rent @ £34,000 pa = £306,000 probably tax free.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/14/num-wants-to-stop-paying-for-ex-leader-arthur-scargill-s-plush-london-apartment-115875-23128901/

and maggies still collecting money for the last 5 years in total half a million but i guess you would say she deserves it eh :loopy::hihi:

Why was he a hypocrite ?..if that is the case why should any heads of organisations be paid more than their workforce ,Scargill was head of the largest union in the country and as such held responsibility for his members ..should he have been paid the same as a worker in the pits whose only responsibility was to his immediate family.I just hope its ignorance of the times on your part and not crass stupidity.

So he fetched the miners out on strike,ripped communities apart who incidentally lived in near poverty for 12 months, but he said that's OK cos I'm still getting paid.

Please note if your not able to make a comment with out insulting people then it just shows who really is the ignorant one.

So he fetched the miners out on strike,ripped communities apart who incidentally lived in near poverty for 12 months, but he said that's OK cos I'm still getting paid.

Please note if your not able to make a comment with out insulting people then it just shows who really is the ignorant one.

They were going to close the pits anyhow. The strike merely ensured that the miners got excellent redundancy settlements, up to £60,000 actually. Remember this was in the eighties. You could buy a three bed semi for £30, 000 them!

Scargill got his men excellent payouts.

Archived