David cameron told a lie about the winter fuel payments.

yes Angel i got mine too, but with 50 pounds less.....so i am 50 pounds poorer this year.:(

As I said earlier in this thread, the £50 extra you recieved for the last 2 years was a "bonus" and not the actual figure that someone in your circumstances was allocated.

So, in reality, you are not £50 poorer, for the last 2 years you have been £50 better off.

remember him of accusing Labour of a smear campaign and saying that they were spreading lies by informing electorates that the Tories would abolish the Winter Fuel Payments for pensioners.

Do you not know the difference between "cut" and "abolish"?

Start a thread when such payments are indeed abolished.

So, in reality, you are not £50 poorer, for the last 2 years you have been £50 better off.

My goodness. Someone who understands basic logic.

If you could explain this to people in so many other circumstances, then we could argue less amongst ourselves.

Unfortunately the brain doesn't work this way for most people, from my observation.

My goodness. Someone who understands basic logic.

If you could explain this to people in so many other circumstances, then we could argue less amongst ourselves.

Unfortunately the brain doesn't work this way for most people, from my observation.

Ash you could tell the same person the same provable fact a million times and because it doesn’t fit their preconceived ideas it tends to just bounce off them and is never absorbed. :)

It's the same thing "in reality"

If you have £50 less income this year than last year you were better off last year and you are poorer this year - the two comments are not contradictory

Whether it was a bonus or not is irrelevant - your income is less - how are you not worse off?

When will some people learn?

It hasnt been "cut", for the last 2 years there has been an extra "bonus" payment on top of it - this year that hasnt been paid, so its back to the original amount...

Do you not know the difference between "cut" and "abolish"?

Start a thread when such payments are indeed abolished.

STOP USING FACTS!!

David Cameron lie? Never. Only when he move his lips.

What about the NHS, he wasn't going to change that and soon we probably will all need private healthcare cover as there won't be an NHS.

So all the people who can't afford to heat their homes because there is no winter fuel payment and get hypothermia will then also have to pay to be treated for it.

david cameron lie? Never. Only when he move his lips.

What about the nhs, he wasn't going to change that and soon we probably will all need private healthcare cover as there won't be an nhs.

So all the people who can't afford to heat their homes because there is no winter fuel payment and get hypothermia will then also have to pay to be treated for it.

winter fuel payment has not been cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived