Is a degree worth the effort if your not A grade?

well i was wondering about this, do people just want to know if you have a degree, or do they want to know what "class" of degree you got?

Experience is still VERY, if not more so, important than what class you get. (I would employ a 2:2 student with the right experience over a 1st class student with little, anyday).

Make sure you get plenty of work experience as either part of your course or off your own steam (contact companies / start a Business etc.)

Look, the majority get a 2:1 and that will be enough to see you onto any managerial grad scheme or teaching course. Even if you get a 2:2 you can still get into teaching or go on to study masters if you have the wonga.

To put it into perspective a 2:1 is 59% to 69% average.

I would recommend staying in school bud!

I was never an 'A' grade student - I left my GCSEs with B/C/D's and my A Levels with a C and an E but I still went to university - didn't get onto my chosen course but was offered an alternative and completed my 3 years with a 3rd class BA hons - non one has ever asked me what degree classification I have and I have recently completed my PGCE - so even with a 3rd I was accepted for a post grad course.

I would say keep at it, but I think it depends what your degree is in as to whether it is something that you need for the career you want in the future, for me I had to complete it and do the PGCE to be a teacher.

Congrats! just goes to show what can be done.

You can also do loads of other routes to be a teacher, on the job training over 1 or 2 years, aswell as the PGCE.

Experience is still VERY, if not more so, important than what class you get. (I would employ a 2:2 student with the right experience over a 1st class student with little, anyday).

I would recommend staying in school bud!

Well i'm a mature student so i have so work experience already but was looking at a career change, trying to do it "later" in life is hard enough, but the thought that i may be wasting my time is a little disconcerting, not sure if i may be time to give up on thoughts of a "career" and just concentrate on having a "job".

Archived