Mercy shown to drunken attacker because 'they were not used to drinking'

They vocally called for each other to kill her and the kicked her whilst on the floor they are lucky she didn't die, they wanted her dead and attempted to do it. The fact they weren’t charged with attempted murder just proves our justice system it crap.

To be attempted murder it has to be pre meditated and a clear intention to kill.

To be attempted murder it has to be pre meditated and a clear intention to kill.

Yes I know its further proof that our justice system sucks, any physical assault can lead to the death of the victim, so all assaults should be charged with attempting to kill the victim.

Our justice system punishes people based on how lucky they are.

'Kill the white slag' could quite conceivably and understandably be construed as intent to kill.

In the eyes of the law no, it's disgracefull behaviour and these girls have just done more damage to the religion of Islam.

The judge was a wally for accepting the whopper regarding the not used to alcohol bit and had the power to give them 5yrs.

Looks like they're really sorry for what they've done.

"After the sentencing, Ambaro Maxamed wrote on her Twitter account: “Happy happy happy!”, “I’m so going out”, and “Today has been such a great day”.

"When asked if she wanted to apologise, she replied: “What, to the public? I really don’t care.”

http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/i-was-attacked-because-i-am-white-1.1194098

They vocally called for each other to kill her and the kicked her whilst on the floor they are lucky she didn't die, they wanted her dead and attempted to do it. The fact they weren’t charged with attempted murder just proves our justice system it crap.

We don't know what they were charged with. We only know that they pled guilty to assault causing actual bodily harm, and were not prosecuted on any more serious charge.

The CPS had the option of prosecuting a more serious charge, but chose not to do so. The judge, in practice, did not have the option of sending them away. The sentencing range for non-premeditated ABH shows a maximum of 26 weeks' imprisonment. This particular case has at least two mitigating circumstances: one, they were unused to alcohol and were acting out of character; two, they believed they were being racially abused. (Now you might not believe those two things to be true, and I might not either, but belief is irrelevant. You can't prove beyond doubt that they are false, and nor can anybody else, because there was no trial!)

Given mitigating circumstances and the non-premeditated nature of the attack, a community order is the correct sentence for ABH. What is repellent about this case is not what the judge did; it's that they have not been prosecuted for anything more serious than ABH. The judge doesn't make that call.

I have not the slightest interest in defending the guilty party or their actions. I'm only defending the judge, whose hands were tied. My argument is simply that those of us who are outraged, should be outraged at the CPS and not at the judge.

Archived