Mercy shown to drunken attacker because 'they were not used to drinking'

truly unbelievable in soo many ways....

As for the poor girls partner using unreasonable force i have to disagree, if 4 women attacked my partner while i was there, women or not it would end a lot nastier than that.

There surely has to be a reform of the court system to provide at the very least some consistency in sentencing

Slightly off topic but, I actually feel sorry for a lot of the ethnics in this country.

Not the type like this morons who simply should be severely punished (as they say, hanging's too good for them)

But you do get working ethnic families who contribute to society, but not only do they have to battle against the bigots, their biggest battle is against the judicial system like the report above (all get tarred with same brush) or the PC brigade who make their lives even tougher by speaking up for them when all they do is make things worse for them.

I know a few Muslims, still keep in touch with a couple from school, and they cringe everytime they read or hear about things such as banning the word Christmas as not to upset the other religions.

They shake their heads in disbelief. One of the lads told me that these 'do-gooders' do more harm than good with their stupid comments and set them backwards no end in terms of integration.

But as someone else said, it seems racism is only one way in the authorities eyes. Take the case of the 2 lads who painted a poppy on a mosque, they got served time, yet a group of fanatics can openly burn poppies surrounded by a wall of police protection, and this is what gets up peoples backs!

Genuine ethnics don't stand a chance, and you can thank the PC lot for most of it!

The fact that you're defending somebody doesn't mean you can use any amount of force you choose; you can only use what is reasonable. How that applies to this case is arguable, since the article does not specify what level of force he actually did use.

As to the sentencing - frankly I'm all in favour of first offenders being made to do useful work instead of being locked up. Up to a point; if this attack was as vicious as the report makes it out to be, we're a long way past that point.

In the context of them kicking her in the head - which could have quite easily killed or permanently disabled her - my feeling would be that "reasonable" is a fairly high level. Imminent threat to life and all that.

I agree with you about sentencing generally and yes, the sheer viciousness of this attack - to me - puts it into the category that definitely warrants prison.

Imagine if 4 white women attacked a Muslim girl and racially abused her.

The country would be in uproar, Muslim spokespeople would be on TV telling us all about Islamophobia etc.

These attacks by Muslim gangs are not rare either.

Looks like the BBC has predictably failed to report it.

Slightly off topic but, I actually feel sorry for a lot of the ethnics in this country.

Not the type like this morons who simply should be severely punished (as they say, hanging's too good for them)

But you do get working ethnic families who contribute to society, but not only do they have to battle against the bigots, their biggest battle is against the judicial system like the report above (all get tarred with same brush) or the PC brigade who make their lives even tougher by speaking up for them when all they do is make things worse for them.

I know a few Muslims, still keep in touch with a couple from school, and they cringe everytime they read or hear about things such as banning the word Christmas as not to upset the other religions.

They shake their heads in disbelief. One of the lads told me that these 'do-gooders' do more harm than good with their stupid comments and set them backwards no end in terms of integration.

But as someone else said, it seems racism is only one way in the authorities eyes. Take the case of the 2 lads who painted a poppy on a mosque, they got served time, yet a group of fanatics can openly burn poppies surrounded by a wall of police protection, and this is what gets up peoples backs!

Genuine ethnics don't stand a chance, and you can thank the PC lot for most of it!

Good post.

Nope, I can't find anything what-so-ever on the BBC website, here's a few of the searches i've done:

inurl:bbc.co.uk Ambaro Maxamed

inurl:bbc.co.uk Robert Brown

inurl:bbc.co.uk “kill the white slag”

Here's a youtube video:

And obviously here's every-bodies favourite:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html

Point of order; they have only been sentenced for actual bodily harm, not GBH.

According to the CPS website the sentencing range for ABH, if it is not premeditated (and this was not), is:-

Other assault resulting in minor, non-permanent injury: Starting Point: Community Order (HIGH), Sentencing Range: Community Order (MEDIUM) - 26 weeks custody

You're going to argue that the injury was far more than just a minor one. Frankly, so would I, but that's the point of order I want to raise. Actual bodily harm, by definition, means only minor injuries, not major ones.

The question should not be, why has the judge handed down such a piddling sentence. He didn't have a lot of choice. The question should be, why were they not prosecuted for grievous bodily harm - or even for attempted murder, depending on how many and savage were the blows to the head?

If this is a case of the CPS accepting a guilty plea for a minor assault so as to save money on trying to prosecute a major one, then we are definitely aiming our guns at the wrong target when we go after the judge.

Just saw this elsewhere;

Justice for Rhea Page

Im absolutely lost for words but have officially complained.

I ask you to read the attached link and then contact the following to pressure the Equality and Human Rights Commision to force a retrial of the girls responsible for this horrendous attack.

Please pass this on to as many people you can to ensure that we have the same rights as everyone else.

englandhelpline@equalityhumanrights.com

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html

I have had enough of this country going to the dogs and will not be silent anymore, this is my first fight back there will be more as I can no longer be compliant,

apparently over 1000 emails have been sent so far. Worth doing.

Archived