Hasn't Glen Mulcaire already done time for phone hacking?

He's done time for some specific instances, but not for the rest of them, so I suspect they'll do him for the other instances they now know about.

However, I do think that only finding him responsible is blatantly ridiculous. Someone (be it editor, manager or owner) knew about it and not only tolerated but asked him to do more of it and they are just as much, if not more, responsible as the person who actually did the work.

It's pretty clear from recent witnesses that their view is that editors knew all about it for many years.

I cannot imagine that editors would not challenge the sources of the blockbusting stories that they pubish. They must have known and if they didn't, that is incompetance and they should be held fully responsible anyhow.

And the latest update from the story, it seems that journalists have been conning their way into hospitals to find out things from the medical records and current health condition of celebrities and newsworthy people.

An anonymous interview on BBC radio 5 Live, with a woman who has been using this method for years, was aired some time ago.

By the sounds of it this is a far greater crime then phone hacking.

I am more convinced every week that the reason Murdoch closed down the news of the world was a despirate attempt to avoid any of the muck from sticking to himself or the rest of his empire. He was attempting to blame the staff of one newspaper to save the others and his other media.

Archived