3 Corners of China - New Chinese on Glossop Rd

taxman

Wow.

Yet another Chinese Restaurant coming soon to Glossop Rd in the old Flying Pizza premises and next to the Californian Fresh (whatever that's going to be).

Seems like it is boom time for certain restaurants in Sheffield. Lets hope they can all get enough custom to prosper.

DerbyTup - how do you know it is going to be a "cheap budget restaurant".

Whenever I read yet another smug, know-it-all, holier than thou, comment from you on this forum I cannot believe that noone else on the forum has ever said anything to you!

Get over yourself.

:D

Nobody knows yet what it's going to be apart from Chinese. It could be exclusive, rare and authentic cuisine or it could be cheap and cheerful fodder.

Whatever, I'd much rather have something than an empty ex Italian restaurant.

Also, cheap doesn't necessarily equal poor quality.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

went in last wednesday...had sea bass and stir fried beef with egg fried rice and tea (which was complimentary)....it was buzzing and full of young asian (assume) students.

The food was incredible....the sea bass was moist, fresh and covered in an amazing sweet soy dressing, and the beef was great too, thickly coated in ground cumin and a little chilli. The food at the other tables looked just as appealing. Lots of pots bubbling away or large plates with pork shoulders on them. Wasn't brave enough to try stir fried bull frog (in case it was any more than just the legs, which I've had before).

Will be back soon and will probably take my Dad when he visits....plenty to try out, including the wonderfully named 'squirrel looking fish'.

So 2 pots of tea, a bowl of egg fried rice, a whole steamed seabass and a bowl of stir fried beef came to £22...seemed pretty good to me as was stuffed at the end, and it all tasted delicious. Service was a little haphazard, although we were greeted really nicely and made to feel very welcome.

Definitely recommend it..

Sounds lush!

I'm not usually a fan of Chinese food, although I think my experience is more Chinglish takeaways - chicken chow mein, sweet and sour pork balls, you know the stuff: when it's all brown and all tastes the same.

That seabass dish had my mouth watering, so I reckon I'll have to give it a try. Seems really good value too.

xxx

Archived