3 Corners of China - New Chinese on Glossop Rd

taxman

Thank you CharLou, I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by the smuggery of Derby Tup. Unlike him, I have been for lunch and it looks and tastes pretty authentic to me. It's aimed at the thousands of Chinese students in the city. It struck me as neither pricy nor budget.

Well, I'm sorry I annoy you, but some of us think that this city deserves more, good quality, upmarket places to eat. That is my point. I can't get excited about the prospect of another student eatery - but good for those of you who can.

I think, in that area, it was always going to be aimed at the student population - so thanks for confirming that I was correct!

Oh sorry! was that a bit too smug for you again?:hihi:

Well, I'm sorry I annoy you, but some of us think that this city deserves more, good quality, upmarket places to eat. That is my point. I can't get excited about the prospect of another student eatery - but good for those of you who can.

I think, in that area, it was always going to be aimed at the student population - so thanks for confirming that I was correct!

Chinese students often have a fair bit more to spend than the average UK student, or the average Sheffield-er come to that - so it depends what you mean by "another student eatery"?

good quality = nice curtains

upmarket = too expensive for students

student eatery = no Derby Tup!

Must give Three Corners a try soon...

• 2 weeks later...
I think you mean Canton Orchard on Fulwood Road, dochlme. That place is nothing short of amazing. You do however pay for it being brilliant though, although the prices reflect the top quality!

You pay for the location here but the food is very average and small portions.

So did we: crispy duck, kung po chicken, Hunan lamb, oyster leaves and egg fried rice. Gave the 'tasty roast frog' a miss, though. Nice place. The Chinese characters on the wall are a poem urging people to drink up because life is short! Place urgently needs a website and takeaway menus.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived