Will a "Robin Hood" tax ruin everything?

I couldn't agree with you more altus. There is nothing finer than taking a break from chasing money to go and enjoy one of several overseas holiday homes or perhaps take the boat for a 'spin' around the Med.

not for me........much better to spend a week in Cleethorpes in the pleasurable company of ones "fellow commoners"

can't beat it!

Well one things for sure if such a tax was designed to unfairly confiscate to a great degree a successful persons profits gained from hard work it stands to reason that many busineses and their owners would move out of the country to avoid said tax

"The Proposal" (Animorphs), the thirty-fifth book in the Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate

"The Proposal" (film), a 2009 film starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds

"The Proposal" is an alternative title of Chekhov's play A Marriage Proposal

Could you be a little more specific please?

I shouldn't need to be. You refer to "the proposal" in your OP. Maybe you've forgotten what the thread is about though?

Well one things for sure if such a tax was designed to unfairly confiscate to a great degree a successful persons profits gained from hard work it stands to reason that many busineses and their owners would move out of the country to avoid said tax

There is no proposal for such a tax though.

That's exactly right Harleyman, making the proposed tax backfire.

It's certainly got the PM and the tories a bit hot under the collar on this side of the pond! :|

no of course there was but I think the 80's put the final nail in the coffin. thatchers plans might have worked if the rich stepped in with foundations and charities, but they didn't they just took all their money off to tax havens.

Quite. The 80's was when greed became a virtue rather than a vice and left this country a poorer place.

Archived